04 | pop ups (pt. III)

Zolina 'Zo' Smith
[ sat, sep 23rd 1:49 PM ]
Public Location

Zolina exited The Blended Bar with a blueberry pomegranate smoothie in one hand, and a freshly lit spliff in the other

She pulled her square-framed sunglasses over her eyes to block out the bright sun, and opted to walk instead of drive to the gym that was a couple of blocks away.

Fitness wasn't something that Zolina used to care about. Sure, she ate relatively healthy foods and didn't consider herself to be lazy, but she could never get into an active lifestyle.

It didn't seem that important, but she took her perfect health for granted once before.

The physiotherapist that worked with her on her shoulder, wanted her to continue the exercises at home after their sessions came to an end. They also suggested getting a gym membership to keep her body moving.

Zolina didn't give the gym a second thought, until finding ways to alleviate her stress came up in therapy with Dr. Miller. The steady workouts became another outlet to clear her mind, and also did wonders for her body.

"Zolina?"

She was only a few feet away from her destination, when she heard a way too familiar voice call out to her from the curb lined with parked cars.

The chill that ran down her spine travelled through the rest of her body, reached her feet and froze her in place.

When she mustered up enough courage to turn around, she was standing face-to-face with a wide-eyed Craig.

Why me? Why today? Just... Why? What the fuck.

Giving him a once-over, she noticed that not much had changed about her ex-boyfriend's appearance. He still had a goatee, and his wavy mane was in single braids that framed his strong jawline.

There was a healed scar across his nose, and knowing who caused it made her laugh internally.

"Wow. It is you." His eyes moved up and down her body. "Shit. You um, you look great, Zo."

I know.

She had on a pair of red Adidas shorts, with a matching sports bra. The black windbreaker that she added to the outfit, was unzipped and exposed her flat torso.

"Thanks." She mumbled, stepping on the now finished spliff.

She tried to continue the walk to the gym, but Craig was in front of her before she could take another step.

"Wait, wait." He pleaded. "I know this is probably the last thing you need right now, but can we talk?"

"I don't have shit to say to you." She tried to side-step around him, but he blocked her again.