08 | favours

Omniscient
[ thurs, oct 26th 12:11 PM ]
Public Location

Omniscient[ thurs, oct 26th 12:11 PM ]Public Location

"Wow." Estelle looked around the vacant space with bright eyes. "I love all of the windows."

"I wanted to save the best for last." Lucas reviewed the details of the listing from a small tablet. "Ace said you have a thing for natural light."

Starting up the restaurant for his mother was something that Ace wanted to do as soon as possible. It had nothing to do with profit, and everything to do with her.

Estelle needed to be reminded that she was way more than just a mother and a wife, but also an individual with her own personal goals and aspirations.

Lucas had listened to all of Ace's suggestions and stocked piled a range of properties that the three of them had been visiting all morning.

"They're south facing, so you'll get even light in here pretty much all day." Lucas mentioned. "You'll save on heating costs, but it won't be too hot for the guests or workers."

"Money ain't a problem." Ace spoke up from behind them. "But appreciate you for tryna save me some."

Lucas grinned, "I got you."

Ace watched Estelle glide around, her fingers grazing against one of the rustic brick walls as her eyes rose up to the heigh ceilings and light fixtures.

"What you think?" He asked her. "If you ain't sold on it, Luc got another list of properties we can go see tomorrow."

"I'm grateful for all of your hard work, Lucas. But..." She looked at them both. "This is the one."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. I love it, Grayson!" Estelle clapped her hands a few times, before pointing to different areas.

"I can already see that the bar is going to go right there. I'm thinking of doing booths, but I want dining tables, too. We also have that patio outside. Oh! And I saw these gorgeous handmade curtains from Milan—"

"Aight, Moms." Ace put a halt to her excited rambling. "Make sure you write alla' that down, aight? Luc gon' give you his tablet, and imma need you to sign off on all the paperwork so I can handle the bill and get the keys for you."

Lucas tapped away on the touchscreen before opening up a few documents and taking out a stylus pen for her.

"What? You want me to sign everything?" She looked at the pen, then at the two men. "But... That would put everything in my name."

Ace nodded, "Exactly."

"Honey—"

"Moms." Ace said frustratedly, giving her a serious look. "What I say to you?"

Estelle pursed her lips before taking hold of the pen, "Do you see what I have to deal with Lucas? He's so pushy."

Lucas laughed lightly as he showed her exactly where she needed to sign, "He means well."