05 | the bearer of love

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III
[ fri, oct 6th 8:23 PM ]
Zolina's - Art Gallery

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III[ fri, oct 6th 8:23 PM ]Zolina's - Art Gallery

"...Tryna do right by you got me here.
Now all I am is alone.
'Cause her eyes, and those hips, and that ass...
Don't compare, at all."

Ace was parked at the very back of the busy lot, drumming his fingers against the steering wheel to Miguel's voice as anxiety filled his body.

The blunt that he was smoking did absolutely nothing to calm his nerves, so he ashed it before getting out and locking the doors to his Range Rover.

Once he made it to the front of the building, he looked up at the 3D script neon sign that was beaming brightly into the night.

Ace had discreetly driven passed it on multiple occasions, but to see her name finally lit up, brought a smile back to his face.

Grabbing onto the handle of the tall glass door, he took a deep breath and pulled it open, re-entering the world that he missed so much.

Just as he expected, Zolina's, was packed with people.

The gallery was lowly lit, and it's dark walls made the detailed canvases stand out. The main source of light exuded from a large chandelier, and bulbs that were perched above each individual painting like small stars.

Maybe he was being biased, but out of all of the galleries that Ace had been to, none of them compared to this. None of them were up to par.

He wanted to take his sweet time to look at everything that was in her universe.

That was, until he heard her voice.

"Hi. Thank you all so much for coming."

Zolina stood on a small platform at one end of the gallery, and spoke into a mic as the guests started to gather around her.

"This is something that I've wanted..." She paused. "Literally since I started drawing suns in the top corner of my papers in class."

Ace purposely hid himself in the crowd as Zolina continued on with the speech. He felt like time had completely stopped, and he was no longer able to focus on anything in the room other than her.

"...To all of my supporters, my friends who turned into family, and even those who couldn't make it out tonight..."

Zolina blew out a breath and looked down at her feet. Sadness overtook her features for only a split second, but Ace saw it.

I'm here, Ma.

"...Um. I just wanna thank you for being apart of this journey." She continued. "For creating, and sharing this moment with me. I hope you all like what you see, there's plenty more to come."