15 | red eye

Omniscient
[ thurs, nov 23rd 2:22 PM ]
Jamaica 🏝️

The group of friends walked through the automatic sliding doors of Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, Jamaica, wiping the sleep crumbs from their tired eyes and rolling their designer suitcases alongside them

All of the women were quick to shed layers of their clothing; immediately allowing their skin to soak up the warm, Caribbean sunshine, and cool breeze that the island had to offer.

"Welcome ah Jamaica!"

A lanky man stood by the pick up lanes of the airport, holding a paper sign that read 'The Valentine Party' in thick handwriting.

His faded blue jeans were cut off at the knee, and there was a fresh pair of chestnut coloured Clarks on his feet. The mesh shirt that sat snug on his torso, displayed the country's national colours of black, green and gold.

"Mi name ah Seymour." He gave them a head nod in greeting, before folding up the sign into small squares and shoving it into his back pocket. "Mi ago be yuh tour guide 'round dis beautiful paradise."

"Watta gwan, brej-rin?" Demetrius happily shook his hand. "Yuh bless up?"

Trinity playfully rolled her eyes and the others muffled their laughter at Demetrius' poor attempt to speak patois.

"Yes, boss." Seymour gave him a bright smile. "Mi deh yah. Just a wait fi unnuh."

After introducing themselves to Seymour, the group helped him pack their luggage into the back of the black sprinter van that would be transporting them to their home for the next four days, and four nights.

"Unnuh 'ave a safe flight?" Seymour asked as he peeled out of the parking lot.

He held his hand down on the horn as he overtook other cars and bicyclists, skillfully navigating traffic as he drove on the paved roads which weaved through the mountainous, bumpy terrain.

Every woman held tightly onto their boyfriends, a little bit weary of how fast he was driving on the narrow lane ways with many sharp turns and twists.

"Nigga, can you focus on getting us to the house safe?" Phoenyx said grumpily from the back, gripping onto the seat in front of him for stability.

"Nuh worry." Seymour laughed. "Mi one ah di best drivah pon di island. Mi wi mek sure unnuh reach safe, yuh hear?"

"Yeah, whatever." Phoenyx scoffed. "Heard you."

"Um, why are you being so mean?" Indigo hissed, nudging Phoenyx who was sitting beside her and Roxanne. "Stop it."

"He been in a bad mood since we boarded the plane." Ace slightly turned his body around so that he could look at him. "You good?"