XXI - Consequence

Hello! As requested na ituloy pa ang story na 'to. I've decided to adjust the story line and let see how it goes.

Thank you readers! 🤍

Carmelo's POV

I don't know what I was thinking. But Tricia is the last person I am expecting to be here.

I can still remember vividly the conversation I had with her before the accident.

"Gising ka na. Thank God! I'll go call the doctor."

"Dr. Castro, I'm Dr. Tuncy. How are you feeling aside from the sharp pain because of the accident ofcourse?"

He started to check on me.

"I'm thirsty and tired, I guess."

Tricia handed me water as instructed by the Doctor.

"Vitals are good. I am glad that there are no other complications. Let's take it one step at a time, Dr. Castro. We can discuss about your rehab later. Take all the time to rest. If you need something just let the nurse know."

He is still giving instructions to Tricia.

"How long I've been here? "

"You've been asleep for 7 days, Dr. Castro. I leave you two now and I am sure you have a lot of catching up to do."

"Thank you, Dr. Tuncy." And Tricia walks him to the door.

I'm waiting for some kind of reaction from her. She leans against the door for a while then head towards the side of my bed.

She reaches for my hand.

"I'm sorry for —

"So this has to happen before you can start to trust me? Or am I still in some kind of competition with your thoughts?"

She started to cry. "I'm sorry. I really do."

I don't blame her, it' just that what is happening to us is starting to hurt me.

"Gusto kong bumawi sayo."

Wala akong maisip na sagot sakanya. Besides it is not even a question.

When I left that night isa lang ang nasa isip ko. Hindi pwedeng ako lang ang lumalaban sa relasyon na 'to. Kahit gaano ko pa gustuhin na lumaban pero kung siya naman hindi magtitiwala mauuwi lang lahat sa wala.

"I know galit ka. It says here in your journal. Siguro ayaw mo lang ipakita. Sorry kasi natakot ako. Mali ako na nagpadala ako sa emosyon ko. If I could have just let go of that thought siguro hindi nangyari sayo to."

"I love you, Trish. I can't be mad at you. Ewan ko hindi ko alam. Maybe it is just a lot to process."

The knock on the door startles her. It swing opens.

"Hey man. We hope we didn't ruined whatever you guys are doing?"

Sa isip ko mabuti na rin na 'to na dumating sila. Kung hindi siguro sila dumating baka kung saan pa umabot ang usapan.

Tricia walked out bago pa man tuluyang makalapit si Harry at Pia.

Pia glances at me and followed Trish outside.

TRICIA'S POV

Thank Godness! Our bestfriends saved the day again.

Inaasahan ko naman na 'yong ganitong sitwasyon oras na magising siya. But I still can't process everything.