XXIII - HOPE AND PAIN

Hello beautiful readers,

This story is somehow inspired with what happened to my brother.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter.

Happy Sunday! ♥️

~♥️~

TRICIA'S POV

I'm right, he is here.

As Martha said she is still giving me benefit of the doubt. She is kind enough to let me in and talk to Carmelo.

I found him in the kitchen floor. Ilang bote na rin ng alak ang nakakalat.

"Love, can we please talk?" Tanong ko.

I love him. I really do. What happened between me and Andrew is nothing. It was just a mistake.

It's been a while since I saw glow in his eyes. Puro na lamang sakit at hirap ang nakikita ko. And it is all because of me.

Nakaupo na rin ako at kagaya niya ay nakasandal sa isa sa mga cabinet sa kusina.

Ibinalik niya ang tingin sa bote ng alak na hawak hawak niya. Isang lagok at isang himutok.

"What's his name?" Kalmadong tanong niya.

Hindi ko siya masagot. Hindi ko alam kung paano ko uumpisahan.

He stand up still holding the bottle of beer. I still can't find the words to tell him.

Inulit niya ang tanong kasabay ng pag tama ng boteng hawak niya sa haligi ng kusina ni Martha.

"What is his fucking name, Tricia!?" Buong lakas niyang tanong.

I can't even look at him.

"Andrew."

He's knees meet the floor after hearing his name.

He started to pick up the pieces of glass on the floor. The glass pierce his skin. His hand is bleeding.

I manage to get a napkin and wipe the blood in his hands. He pull up his legs and hug his knees burying his face in them.

I hug him from the back. "Love."

He covers his ears.

I kiss him on top of his head. "I'm sorry." I hug him even tighter. He is sobbing as hard as I am.

"Sino ka? Anong ginawa mo sa asawa ko?" The exact questions he asked.

"I'm sorry, Love. I really do."

"I miss you but I hate you right now. So much."

We remain in the same position.I know Martha can hear us or maybe not.

"Takot na takot ka na lokohin kita. Pero ikaw ang gumawa. Kahit sobrang sakit sa akin I had to pushed you away. Kasi akala ko that way you can learn to trust me. Alam ko na mas pipiliin mo kami ni Carys so I had to be firm in pushing you away. That way mawawalan ka ng choice kung hindi ituloy 'tong pangarap mo."

It was few moments of silence after that. He is still sobbing we both are.

"What I am about say shouldn't make you feel any better. But I never slept with him. We just. It never get that far, Love. I swear."