Chapter 18

MY SOLES are burning hot

MY SOLES are burning hot. My body is shaking due to the low temperature. I can withstand, well, hardly, the cold weather all over my body except for my feet.

Covering my mouth with my palms, I blew repeatedly until I was satisfied with its warmth and rubbed them together.

Some shoes or anything that I can use to cover them will be helpful on this flight.

I can't give up now.

I refuse to give up now.

Lucky me, this location where I am standing at the moment is still covered with a roof. Behind me is a wall between windows. I only ran a few feet away from where I jumped and I haven't paid any attention to every piece of detail beyond the mansion because it would mean that I was waiting for a red dot on my forehead.

I am so done with death and violence.

Every step that I took cost me my life. My aim was just to run to find a good cover and nothing else at that minute. Also, my normally miniscule steps became long strides as I dashed.

The place became a battlefield and I can't risk slowing down even for a millisecond. Human remains and blood was scattered as if it meant nothing. It is a horror for anyone to see. The scene seems to be from a film. It's like... a massacre just happened and it's so surreal for me.

It was terrifying that I thought I wouldn't make it to a safe cover considering that those soldiers can easily shoot me. My guess is, my figure is easy to overlook since I am so small in comparison to these men. I think my so-called camouflage greatly assisted me to be in my position right now and I am not one of their targets.

The strawberry blonde shade of my head, though it's soaking wet, will catch anyone's attention in this snow. Everything is so pristine white even if it is thin.

My decision to wrap the shirt around my head even though it left me wearing only a towel is worth it.

This is such a beautiful place that everyone will be in awe no matter what weather it encounters. It is such an irony how tainted and demonic things are happening inside. A sob tried to come out from my throat which I quickly cleared. I shook the awful memories aside. This is not the time to have a panic attack.

I counted my every deep breath to calm down.

All the horrendous words combined will never be adequate to describe the things that are happening there and the people who are behind it. Or even in front of it.

For now, my escape is more important than thinking of performing my revenge on them. Maybe, I won't get it. Of course, I want to, but I'd rather have my freedom than stay there and force myself to get revenge. I'm not stupid enough to fight them because I know that I am not capable of doing it myself. I am barely surviving to free myself.

I had no idea how massive and wide this place was. Because of its basement and the rooms that I was in, I know it is a large place to have all the women, children, soldiers, and staff. It just exceeded my approximation.