Chapter 27

MY REST WAS interrupted by a loud scream

What are they up to now?

Another shrill broke out and I paused because I recognized the voice.

That was Cerise.

I didn't think thoroughly when I dropped the Russian book that I was reading on the table and donned a thick jacket.

Are they killing her?

If she is more trouble than her cost, they might.

I checked my Glock and knife before opening the doorㅡ the cool air slamming my face.

There are a few men outside aside from Lorik, just watching the woman getting dragged by an ATV on hard concrete.

The fuck?

My eyes widened in disbelief.

“Are they skinning her alive?” I crossed my arms and winced as my rib hurt.

It is bearable now and I am healing pleasantly.

However, I can still feel pain now and then, especially when moving unconsciously including my arms and chest.

“Nah, just causing graze abrasions on her knees,” Franken answered, still focusing on the situation.

Damn. So, she will be unable to walk for a few days.

One of us was in a motorcycle accident while fighting some MC members and scraped his knees.

What is a bitch with abrasions on knees is when they are on the verge of healing, the scabs will be torn again and again as the skin stretches.

Her small body was gradually dragged on the concrete as she screamed in pain.

Cerise's voice pierced through the acres of land.

It was unlike all the other pain she suffered.

Lorik likes to be creative when punishing his slaves. Instilling fear inside their heads is the goal so the women will not think twice about escaping or fighting off the men who will touch them.

It is commonly more intense raping or physical violence.

But Cerise is a tough one to break.

She may break for a few days or weeks but she'll gather up the broken pieces and will be ready to fight or escape again.

This woman is the only one who injured someone horribly.

They usually just pummel, scratch, or kick us as their means of hurting us back.

I totally understand the love and hate that Lorik feels for this girl.

He loves how she brought him a huge amount of money and hates how she caused trouble in his business. She almost had the chance to sing to the authorities.