Chapter 8

Previous Chapter- "but I thought you said only sweet dreams for me" his grip loosens before dropping the syringe and pulling me into a hug I laugh and hold on tighter "I missed you...I'm sorry I left with only a call" he rubs my back "it's alright child" we both pull away and I felt Dick wrap his arms around me from behind "are you ok" I nod and nuzzle against him before pulling back giving him a smile "perfectly fine" I look back over to see him giving me a small smile "so what did you need my sweet child" I look back at Dick before looking back at him "Sorta need a look at your files, old times sake"—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's P.O.V

My father led us to the room where he kept the files on people's fear and the guys were looking around until Bruce commented "this is a lot of files" my dad looked away. I smiled and took his arm "this is how I learned about practically every phobia there is, staying up till midnight of course after I begged you" my dad looked at me and laid his hand on mine. "How could I ever say no to that face especially when you were so eager to learn my child" I chuckled and rolled my eyes, Dick spoke after that "I'm surprised this interested you, you were always a chemical mixing girl" I looked over at him to see that small smirk on his face.

I shrugged "I can be both, but I always did want to learn the fear toxin...you never did teach me" he tapped my hand, "I told you, you only have sweet dreams my child, and besides it wouldn't fit into your life now". My smile drops and I face him grabbing both his hands "I'm so so sorry for leaving, I hope you're not upset that I switched I just re..." He cut me off "I'm glad you followed what makes you happy, you deserve that in life my child".

 I hear Barbra scoff so I turn to her and roll my eyes ready for whatever rude comment that is about to come from her. Disck beats her to the punch "don't Barbra" she steps up "no she needs to realize that all these villains never cared for her they were just using her because she was a naive little child".

I shake my head "you didn't get to know any of them in this city, all of them have their own story. I was a pretty smart kid for my age I can tell that Harley and Ivy loved me like a sister same goes for Catwomen, even after one mission together we were close" I look at her finally "Riddler is never involved in any violent crimes and lets me trust my own intelligence, Mad hatter...gosh I miss him just a sweetheart with a broken heart..the list goes on you can't judge them until you know them, no matter what you may think they are my family and I won't stand for a self-entitled princess like you to talk down on them". She turned her head away so I smiled "but back to what we came for" I gave one last smile to my dad before separating from him and looking at some of the files.

"There is this organization that somewhat specializes in fear, except instead of them just thinking they see it like with the fear toxin they make them live through it" I look to see my dad nod "so what does this have to do with my fear files dear" Bruce takes it from here "from how Y/N explains their group and their recent activities, we have reason to believe he possibly could have snuck in here or he might have interest in you to help him" he looks to me "no one has been in this warehouse beside me I'm here every day, what could he hope to gain by dragging me into this madness, I specialize in fear yes but I have been inactive for years".

 I nod but stay silent "the man in charge of this group is after revenge on Y/N so we don't know what he has on her". Dick comes over to comfort me "we will find him I promise" I sigh "I know but.. I'm sorry I dragged this back, I should have stayed away a little longer and dealt with them myself" Dick cut me out my taking my chin and making me face him "it's alright I'm sure you had your reasons for coming back, you didn't know they would be on your trail".