Chapter 9

Previous Chapter- After a while, Barbra decided she was heading out and it was silent "do you think they can change" I turn to Bruce and pondered before nodding "yes, I mean a good portion of them have been off the radar for a while and the others I think I could get through too" he nodded and was about to reply before an alarm went off on the computer "what is it" Tim spoke first "he struck again"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We all looked around at each other and got ready to head out again after already spending hours with my father going through files. Jason went up to get miss entitled to tell her to meet us at the location. As we make our way there Tim is filling us in on what happened and how the police just discovered it and put the victim's time of death at 2 hours ago. I gripped Dick's waist as we sped through Gotham on his bike "he did all this while we were trying to find his next target..." I watched as buildings passed by at the speed we were going.

Dick was silent "do you think he did this on purpose" he finally decided to answer me "you know him the best Y/N, he may be targeting these people on purpose but I don't believe he's watching us close enough to know we were all busy and not watching his moves" I lean further into his back feeling the wind pass around me "you can't feel guilty about this baby, we were doing everything we could to find him, it happens sometimes".

I nod but still feel deep inside the voice saying 'you should have known what his next move would be' I heard Jason's voice come through on the comms we were all wearing "come on princess lighten up". Tim's voice comes through next "Dick's got a point Y/N, we were doing everything we could but sometimes even we don't hit the timestamp. This puts us another step forward to finding him thought just keep that in mind".

A little smile crawled to my face 'I completely forgot we were wearing comms' "thanks Tim" I heard him chuckle lightly "no problem Y/N". I heard Jason scoff "what about me beautiful" I laughed and shook my head hearing Dick chuckle, "I guess I owe you a thank you as well". I heard Jason mumble some stuff under his breath before letting it go "I love you" I lift my head and looked over Dick's shoulder, he still has his eyes straight on the road. My mouth parts before another smile comes to my face "I would hope so, if not your inviting random girls in on your secret identity and living with you".

I heard him chuckle "I always was a sucker for you" a smirk crawls to my face now "mhm really fly boy?", we couldn't expect Barbara to stay quiet "you offered her to move in with you" I rolled my eyes at her question.

"Why, sad it's not you" I heard Jason snicker "Dick she should have her own place" I felt my eye twitch "and you should mind your business entitled princess, not that you need to know I was going to get my own place but he offered" Bruce finally joined in on our bickering "Barbara stop pestering her, we are approaching the location. The commissioner has cleared us to do a search of our own, by now the officers are starting to clear the area".

Tim comes on after that "since we all headed out so fast I wasn't able to get much background on who the victim is except the TOD and their occupation" We all finally reached our destination and pulled around the back of the building, I pulled off my helmet after Dick got off the bike "She worked at the museum".

I felt Dicks arms go around my waist and pull me off the bike making a small blush arise on my face as I lightly slap his chest "a little warning next time..wait scratch that I can get off a bike fly boy" he just smiles at me "you didn't say it back" I tilt my head thinking about what he's talking about but then laugh when I realize he's talking about his I love you on the drive.