Chapter Six

This double update (Chapter 6 and 7) are dedicated to @bookiedabaddie . I know your birthday is tomorrow but just consider this as an early birthday present. Have a great day tomorrow and have a happy birthday!

For anyone with an upcoming birthday who wants a chapter dedicated to them, simply leave the date in the comments and you will get one!

"What?"

"If it's not too much, I could swing by your house for a little while just to wish him happy birthday and...hopefully make his day."

Heck, he hoped it would make the boy's entire year.

He would know. He could still remember the first time he met Cristiano Ronaldo like it was yesterday. Even though he's played against Cristiano a number of times, that feeling is something he will never forget. If that day was anything to go by, Caleb would be impressed by the surprise his sister had cooked up for him. It's one he was sure the little boy would never forget.

Sapphie shook her head.

"Kylian, I really appreciate your gesture, it's extremely thoughtful of you. But I don't want to impose on any of your plans. You can't just drop—"

"Sapphie," he grinned and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "it's cool. This is me offering. Consider this as a thank you for all you do for the team. Plus, I don't have anything to do that night besides going to bed early."

She didn't know what to say. But what she knew was that Caleb would absolutely lose his mind—maybe even Michael too (though he was a Man united fan). After all, it wasn't every day you got to have a superstar standing in your Livingroom.

Her heart fluttered in her chest. Renée's earlier comments in this very room swam in her head.

If Kylian continued doing these things for her...

Sapphie shook herself from those thoughts. What did she think? That someone like Kylian could like someone like her?

"What time should I come around?"

"Six pm. We live in Porte-Saint Martin. It's in the 10tharrondissement...?"

"Yeah, I'm familiar with it." He nodded.

"I hope that's not too far from your place?"

"Not at all, it should be about a half hour drive from my place. Here," He retrieved his phone from his pocket, unlocked it and gave it to her, "give me your phone we can exchange numbers and you can text me the address."

"Thanks so much Kylian. So, I'll see you at six."

***

She was helping her mother with setting the table while she finished up cooking. But when she took out the plates from the cupboard, she made sure to only take out four without her mother seeing.

"Mhamha, how many times do I have to say, he is not staying for dinner. It's just a quick stop by." Sapphie stomped her foot, waving her arms wildly.

Even though she'd told her mother the nature of his brief visit, she insisted on including Kylian in their dinner plans. From the quantities all the way down to making sure it would be a high protein meal, she was cooking with him in mind. Just what the trainer ordered, Sapphie thought sarcastically.

"And how many times do I have to tell you it's for just in case your Kylian gets hungry."

"Ma!" Sapphie promptly took a peek into the living room where the boys were playing video games, "you're going to blow the surprise—and he is not my Kylian."