Chapter Nine

CHAPTER SONG: MAD LOVE BY MABEL

Pour le joue aujord'hui! The Golden Boy is back at it!! Don't forget to vote and to comment!!

The kind of pretty that was natural, beauty that a guy would never get tired of seeing. Her flawless brown skin certainly didn't need make up. She'd thrown up her hair into a messy bun on the top of her head, a university hoodie, sweatpants and hotel morning shoes. Kylian loved how she was comfortable with herself.

"Come on in." He stepped aside and made space for her to pass, rubbing his free hand against his shorts as he did so.

The group cheered as soon as they saw it was her.

"It's about time you showed up," said Presnel.

"We heard from a little bird that you are legend in FIFA. You want to join?" This was Marcos.

"I don't know about being a legend, but I can hold my own."

While she was speaking to Marcos, Kylian watched as Ach guided an unsuspecting Sapphie to the 'only empty seat' in the room. Kylian saw that he'd given up his chair so she would be sitting next to him instead. As he was passing by to find another seat, Ach slapped him on the shoulder whispering in his ear,

"I see that look in your eyes, just be you. Good luck, mon gar."

Kylian shook his head and laughed at his friend. He promptly offered her a drink, to which she denied with the shake of her head anything alcoholic.

"Sorry, I don't drink. But any soft drink will do."

Once she had her beverage in hand, Kylian finally sat down beside her.

"So, what were you doing before I invited you over?"

"Literally nothing," she took a sip, "I was getting ready for bed."

"I hope you didn't feel pressured to join."

Sapphie snorted.

"If anything, I'm a little insulted you guy didn't invite sooner. I was bored out of my mind. Thanks for inviting me."

"You're welcome." He took a sip of his win to hide his grin.

"So, give me the crash course. What's going on here?"

Kylian explained the rules of the game. They were eliminating each other on a knock out basis. The player with the most goals at the end of the game would continue playing until someone else knocked them out. As it were, Sergio knocked out Presnel and Marquinhos. Then Marco beat him, and the latter was eliminated by Neymar. Before long, it was Neymar versus Kylian. The only other person who'd not played was Sapphie.

Ney ended up losing tree-two to Kylian. Then finally, after what felt like eons later, came the time for him to go head-to-head with her. Calling their duel, a fierce competition would be an understatement. It practically had everyone at the edge of their seats, curious to see who would come out victorious. They each had their own cheer sections, where the guys had divided into two groups. For every goal Kylian scored, Sapphira would score two and vice versa.