Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SONG: CADEAU BY AYA AND TIAKOLA

Oh my gosh, I realised that Ariel6552  you had told me your birthday was on the 15th of March and I completely forgot. I'm so sorry. This chapter is for you, love! Hope you enjoy. xoxo

As the days turned into weeks, Kylian, and Sapphie's relationship continued to blossom. Though their time was always very limited, they always tried to make time for each other. Like when Kylian was due for a visit at his foundation, 'Inspired by KM', he invited her to tag along. Even though he'd introduced her as a friend, she hadn't minded at all.

"I wish we could just spend more time together. No gimmicks or anything... just us two." Kylian had said with a sigh as he sat back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest. He did this to resist the urge to reach out and take her hands in his in front of everyone around. They'd been sat down the school's dining hall enjoying a couple of sandwiches.

"I know, but I'm just glad we're here making the most of what we can. That's what matters most." She told him, but she couldn't shake the feeling of frustration. It wasn't just their busy schedules that were causing her stress. They had been trying to keep the fact that they were dating from the media, and it was becoming increasingly difficult. Until they started dating, she hadn't understood just how much the paparazzi 'loved' Kylian. It was stressful having to be very careful about the way they acted toward each other everywhere and every time because there was always a camera pointing in his direction. Be it paparazzi or one of the guys in the gym or wherever else recording a video clip to post online. But despite that, she was determined to not let anything get in the way of their growing relationship. Kylian was a great guy, and she believed they had something real. Something she was eager to see was how far they would go. Which is why when their next dinner plans ended up being cancelled, she felt utterly disappointed.

Sapphie was standing over her desk at the visitor's side. The pen in her hand flew across the page as she put her signature on a couple of documents she was supposed to drop off at Pierre's office when someone knocked on her door.

The moment she turned around, her face light up into a bright smile, "Kyky! What are you doing here?"

She checked her watch and found it was lunchtime.

"Hello to you too," he kissed her cheek and stepped back to smile at her, "what? I can't come around here anymore?"

"No, but you never come down here during this time." She saw his smile slowly drop from his face, causing her to shift on her feet in worry. Kylian reached between them and gently took hold of her hands by her fingers, removing the pen and placing it on the desk. She ignored the fluttering in her stomach and forced herself to focus on his words.

"Do you have a minute?"

"Barely. Why, what's up?"

"I have some bad news about dinner tomorrow night."

She nodded, prompting him to continue. He played with her fingers as he spoke.

"Jires is visiting from out of town and since we haven't seen him in almost a year, my family decided we'll have dinner together at my place instead. I promise I tried to reschedule but, it didn't work."

"Oh," her shoulders slumped, "well, that's a bummer. So, I take it we have to cancel dinner?"

"I'm really sorry. I was looking forward to our date, too." He said, rubbing her shoulders as she leaned her head back as if to cry out into the air above them.

"I told you dinner again was bad luck," she playfully punched his shoulder, "just admit it. Popcorn and a round of me whopping you at your favourite game was a good idea."