Chapter Twenty-One

A couple of days later, Sapphie resisted the urge to slam the door to her office shut after coming from Pierre's. If one more thing went wrong, she was going to start pulling her hair out. First, their suppliers delivered late the new training kits, causing a delay in the team's warm up a few days back. Then the other day, the balls were under inflated and had to be quickly pumped up before the players could practice their passing drills. She'd barely made it to work on time every day for the past week. And to top it all off, one of the nets had a hole in it, which made scoring goals impossible.

Sapphie couldn't help but think about how everything had been going wrong lately. The team was on a losing streak, and she felt like she was constantly playing catch up with equipment orders and repairs. It was taking a toll on her, both mentally and physically.

She massaged her head as she headed for her tiny desk and picked up her landline. If only she could catch her breath, she thought as she punched in the all too familiar number.

"Hi, Claude it's Sapphie. I'm calling about the cleats that we ordered last month. We haven't received them yet and they are needed like last week. What's going on?" She paced about her desk.

"Hey Sapphie, I'm sorry to hear that. What exactly is the problem?"

She gritted her teeth to reel in her temper and explained the situation again.

"We ordered 50 pairs of cleats for the first team a couple of months ago and I still haven't received anything from neither you nor your team. Not an email, no message nothing. We need those shoes for the next game which is in a few days."

"I'm sorry to hear this. When you didn't say anything, I thought the delivery went as planned. Did you go through the proper channels to report the issue?"

Sapphie felt the control she had on her temper continue to slip.

"Cut the customer care bull Claude, you are the proper channels. I've been calling, filing reports and emails but it's like they all end up in your spam folder or something. I'm getting in trouble at work because of this."

"I can understand your frustration. Let me look into this for you and see what I can do to help."

Sapphie waited patiently as she heard the click-click clack of his keyboard.

"Okay, I see the problem. It turns out there was a delay in production but that was resolved recently but it will unfortunately mean that deliveries will be delayed as well."

Someone knocked on her door, prompting Sapphie to check her wrist watch. She covered her phone's mouth piece and shouted,

"Not now Dylan!"

"Now you listen to me Claude and listen well. Whatever happened at Nike is none of my business but those cleats are. If I don't see those boxes on Camp des Loges' door step by Friday morning, I will come down there and it is your ass I'll be having for breakfast with a glass of grapefruit juice!" She slammed the phone back onto the receiver and massaged her temples.

I need another coffee pronto, she sighed just before another knock sounded on her door.

"Dylan, I already told you, you can't keep coming around to steal my—" Her words died on her lips when the person who peeked their head into her office.

"Faizah!" She blinked even as she subconsciously corrected her posture.

What was Kylian's mother doing here?

"May I come in?" She asked.

Sapphie had to shake herself out of her daze, "Sure! Yes, come on in."

"Are you looking for Kylian?" She asked though it was highly unluckily Faizah was lost. After all it'd been years since she started coming around from time to time. She probably was as familiar with the facilities as she was with her own offices at Inspired by KM.