Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTER SONG: DONNE-MOI TON COEUR BY LOUANE

"You didn't cause too much trouble while I was gone, yes?" He asked

"No!" They chirped in unison with a shake of their head.

Kylian grinned and said, "Great! I have someone I'd like to introduce to you. Isayah, Lana, this is Sapphie. She's my special friend," He winked at them before saying, "So be nice, okay?"

They nodded while peeking at Sapphie.

"Sapphie stepped forward and smiled.

"It's so nice to meet you. I've heard wonderful things about you both from your uncle."

The children looked up at her with wide eyes, and Kylian chuckled. "Go ahead, say hello."

He nudged Isayah in her direction, causing him to unwind his scrawly arms from around his neck and take a shy step in her direction as did his sister.

They both shyly uttered, "Hello."

Sapphie knelt down and reached out her hand for a handshake, "It's really nice to meet you two. You must be..." Kylian watched her look up as if to think hard before saying, "Lana, right?!"

Isayah's eyes grew into saucers as he gaped at her.

"No!" He laughed whilst shaking his head vehemently. His sister laughed out loud beside him. Kylian shook his head as he joined in on the laughter.

"He's Isayah and I'm Lana, silly." She laughed.

"Oh! My bad. Hi Isayah, I'm Sapphie." She stretched out her hand and shook his hand.

"And you must be Lana!" She smiled, "It's really nice to meet you two and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better."

Kylian patted their heads and said, "See? She's not so bad. Now let's all go see what everyone else is doing!"

He walked down the short hallway that would lead into the living room and dining room what his hand on the small of Sapphie's back, feeling more nervous than he had ever before. His palms were sweaty and his heart was thumping, but he tried his best to put on his poker face for her. He knew it was important for Sapphie to feel comfortable when meeting his family. The last thing that would help with that was her seeing him fearing his own family in any way.

He walked anxiously into the living room with Sapphie by his side. His two brothers, Jires and Ethan, were sitting on the same sofa while Brice, his best friend, was sitting with his dad. Then mom and Melissa, his sister-in-law were in the corner with their aprons still on with a glass of wine each in their hands. They were all watching a football match, completely engrossed.

"Papa, look! Uncle Kyky is back!" They ran up to their father, pulling everyone out of their trance like state.

"Hey, guys." He said with a small wave. Everyone got up from their seats and got closer to them.