Chapter Eleven

Instead of the traditional oversize red suit white fur trimming, the coat was in fact an overcoat that would reach to his calves. There was also a pair form fitting cargo trousers, combat boots and a ruby waistcoat sewn onto a dress shirt with rolled-up sleeves. Of course, the fake beard was part of the package. The entire thing put together—with the candy cane holster and leather gloves, it looked like something straight out of a post-apocalyptic movie like Resident Evil.

"I tried to keep it close to your style."

Kylian couldn't stop staring at it.

"These are fantastic Sapphie."

It was amazing. And that she'd taken her time to pick out something for him simply blew him mind.

"Good, I'm glad you like it." She nodded, "Tonight's going to be amazing, and I wanted you to have fun too without any interruptions. Caleb and Michael even promised to keep their lips sealed."

She mimed locking her lips and throwing away the keys.

"Sapphie! Me and the boys are leaving now! Don't forget to lock up on your way out!"

"Okay, Ma!" She called back.

"So? Will you, do it?"

"I can't believe you even asking, this is so cool. Yes of course, I'll do it."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't." Again, Michael shouted.

"Michael?!"

Once she was sure they were alone, she sighed in relief.

"Okay, so I'll give you my room to change in and I'll take the bathroom." She took out a black garment bag from her wardrobe, grabbed her toiletry bag and scurried out of the room, closing the door behind her.

The moment the door closed, Kylian got to work. He laid out the costume at the foot of her bed then began undressing. Within a couple of minutes, he was admiring the way it looked on him in the nearby mirror. He had to admit, it looked good. Really good.

Sapphie really knew what she was doing when she picked it out, he thought—turning this way and that way.

Once he was done, he neatly folded his clothes and left them on the bed.

***

Sapphie smoothed her hands down the front of her costume, satisfied with the way it fit her form.

Oh yeah, Devon knew what he'd been doing when he suggested this theme for their routine.

With a satisfied nod, she turned to the bathroom vanity to start on her make-up. That's if eye liner, a bit of mascara and lip gloss passed for makeup. A couple of minutes later, she was packing up her stuff when her phone buzzed with a new notification. Thinking it was probably her mother telling her to bring something she'd forgotten; she swiped it from the countertop just as she was about to leave. Then she stopped in her tracks when the news article notification captured her attention right then.

Is it confirmed? Kylian Mbappé dating model Coralie Dubois?

Rumours that PSG and France football star Kylian Mbappé dating French model Coralie Dubois have reportedly been confirmed...

Sapphie's heart shrivelled and sunk to the bottom of the acidic pits of her stomach. It was melodramatic, she knew, but like every other girl in the world with their eye on him, she'd started to hope this day would never come. She'd seen articles about the two of them months before, even before they'd started talking but she'd thought tabloids always lied. But she hadn't cared then. Now?