Chapter 9

There was daylight all around the room when the hunter came into it. The windows revealed a beautiful forest that reminded her of her home. A sadness flowed through her and she sighed. Home almost felt like a dream now. She yawned, her sleep was relatively peaceful considering her predicament.

"Good, you're awake," the hunter excitedly said. He was wearing a black shirt and black pants again. She tried not to think of how attractive he looked, cursing at herself in her mind. He paced back and forth in front of the bed. She sat up studying him.

"Here," he said, holding out a white cloth in front of her. "You might want to bathe and use the facilities. I'll leave something for you to wear on the bed when you're done." She reached out her hand and took the cloth from him. He leaned in close and observed her face and nodded leaving the room. She shrugged and made her way to the bath.

She might have lingered in the bath for a long time, longer if she didn't feel so hungry. Her face had one small mark on her cheek. She was impressed. Her hair was a mess after not brushing it for days. She found a comb and took her time until it was silky smooth. On the bed, after she used the facilities and made sure she was clean, was a cream colored shirt and pants. They looked similar to what she had worn before on the spacecraft. Her mind was not entirely convinced of the existence of the spacecraft. She got dressed. This shirt and pants were definitely a tighter fit than the previous ones.

"You look beautiful Fae," he said in his deep voice, as she was smoothing down the material of her shirt around her waist. She sighed. She did not understand why she found his voice so attractive.

"Thank you Hunter," she grumbled out. "I'm hungry," she said impatiently, tapping a foot.

"Then let us eat," he said smiling, ignoring her foot.

She followed him out of the room into the hallway, down the grand staircase, through the grand room to a door just off to the side.

Inside there was a very elaborate table with seating for dozens. It was rectangular, made of wood and had carvings of branches all along the sides. She looked in awe. The room itself was exquisite, with paintings on the walls and various pieces of sculptures and trinkets scattered around. Her mouth was agape and her eyes were wide. He took hold of her hand and led her to one side of the table. He pulled a chair out for her and she sat down, staring at him as he sat down. He smiled and called out loud for Ms. Bates.

At the mention of her name an older woman with a stout build came in holding plates of food. She examined the woman as she served the plates and quietly walked out of the room. The woman had grey hair that was pulled back severely away from her face and fastened in the back of her head. She had a round face and lively blue eyes. She was wearing dark blue clothes, a shirt that was stiff as well as pants. She noticed her shoes as well. They were black and reached her knees.

They ate in silence, Ms. Bates walked in and out of the room with new plates of food every so often. She also refilled their drinks. The hunter looked anxious the whole time. He looked preoccupied in his own thoughts. She watched him as he ate and tried to understand the strange man.

After they finished eating he lead her back to his room and walked through another door that appeared for him. She gasped, not believing her eyes. He walked out of the room a short time later holding a small pair of shiny black shoes.

"I hope they fit," he said, looking concerned. "You have small feet." She shrugged and took them from him. She put them on and to her surprise they were very soft and flexible. They reached her ankles and had a thick sole.

"They're perfect," she exclaimed, a genuine smile formed on her face. He smiled.

"Good, I'm glad," he said. "Now it's time for us to leave."

"What?" she asked. "Where?" she sputtered the words out, looking at him confused and shocked.

"I am going on a hunting trip and you are accompanying me," he said, blankly. "Come." He motioned for her to move to follow him out the door. She stood still. Her feet rooted to the floor. "Come, you have to come with me," he said, impatiently. She stood still, her eyes wide in a state of shock. He huffed and sighed picking her up and throwing her over a shoulder, her bottom pointing up and her head upside down. He moved quickly down a few hallways and flights of stairs until he stopped in a very large room. He dropped her to her feet and she stared in awe at what was around her.

The room was extremely large, with extremely high ceilings. It looked grey in color both on the walls and floor, and there were cages and other objects scattered around the room. What took up most of the space in the vast room however, was a large spacecraft. Her mouth popped open, her eyes were wide once again, and she had stopped breathing. She knew what it was because she had been to the ruins more than a few times and this one looked similar to the ones found there. It was all black and circular.

"Come," he impatiently called out once again. She stared at him blankly and shook her head. Again he huffed and picked her up, putting her over his shoulder once again. He headed towards the spacecraft and walked inside of it through a bottom panel that lowered for him. Her heart was beating quickly. A multitude of emotions flooded through her. Fear and panic were at the forefront of her emotions followed by curiosity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading. And extra thanks for liking and commenting. Everyone of you rocks! Thanks again.