𝐢𝐢. 성격

✰⤸₊˚   ▬▬▬
▬▬ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

˓ ⊹ ָ࣪ ˓˓ ₊﹅˚ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟮 𓏲 ࣪˖ 𑁍 ࣪˖ 𓂃

꒰ ❛ 𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙼𝙸𝙴𝚂 ❜ ꒱

⁺꒷✦꒦𓄼 ┊ 敵対恋人.書籍┊ · ࣪𐇵 ❟ 𓄹 ࣪˖

∿   ✦ I use bits and pieces of others' personalities to form my own.❞

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I stand in front of the mirror inside the dress shop and stare at my reflection. I don’t even recognize myself in the wedding dress. I look so…different. So grown up.

“Oh my god, you look gorgeous!” the shop owner exclaims with animated hands. “I knew this one would look great on you,” she gushes.

Tears fill my eyes when I glance around the empty room. God, I wish my mother could be here with me. After she passed away, an empty void filled me, hollowing me out from the inside, and I wonder if I’ll ever feel unconditional love like that again.

My father was always a stickler for rules and obedience, but my mother…she was more lenient and understanding. She made me smile, made me laugh. She was like a real-life angel on this earth disguised as a human.

And I miss her terribly, especially today.

“Oh, sweetie, don’t cry,” the woman says, handing me a wad of tissues out of a nearby box. “Weddings are happy occasions!”

I almost roll my eyes. She’s so oblivious to my situation that she couldn’t even begin to comprehend what I’m going through. This wedding is going to be anything but happy. I’m about to marry a total stranger. Sure, I knew Taehyung back when we were kids, but we were just that — children. Many years have passed since we’ve spoken or even seen each other. I have no idea what happened to him after puberty. For all I know, he could look like a potbelly pig. And smell like one too.

Cringing, I tell the woman, “Okay, I’ll take this one.” There’s no sense in trying any other dresses on. None of them will ever feel perfect to me since I’m being forced to walk down the aisle instead of doing it of my own free will.

“Are you sure? It’s the first one you tried on. I’m not saying you don’t look stunning, but I have many more styles for you to choose from,” she says while pushing her big glasses up the bridge of her tiny nose.