𝐯. 거래

✰⤸₊˚   ▬▬▬
▬▬ 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐒

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

˓ ⊹ ָ࣪ ˓˓ ₊﹅˚ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟱 𓏲 ࣪˖ 𑁍 ࣪˖ 𓂃

꒰ ❛ 𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙼𝙸𝙴𝚂 ❜ ꒱

⁺꒷✦꒦𓄼 ┊ 敵対恋人.書籍┊ · ࣪𐇵 ❟ 𓄹 ࣪˖
∿   ✦ The marks humans leave are too often scars. ❞

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I watch on the security monitors as Jungkook takes Hanbin and Jennie on a tour of the property. For some fucked-up reason, I want Jennie to like it here. But I watch her indifferent reaction to each room, and it pisses me off. I don’t know what I expected really. The girl grew up in royalty and in opulence. She’s used to this. It just doesn’t impress her.

The three of them pass by my office, and Jungkook doesn’t so much as try to reach for the doorknob, which is what I expected of him. He knows my boundaries, and this room is off-limits to everyone except myself, him and whoever we are having a meeting with. This office will be my sanctuary, the place I can go to when I need to clear my head or escape the world for a little while. Once I have the keypad installed, no one will be able to bother me here, and I like knowing that fact.

Standing, I leave my sanctuary and follow them silently outside.

“You’re welcome to swim anytime you want,” Jungkook offers Jennie.

She emphatically shakes her head like the very idea of getting in my pool disgusts her. And the look of what can only be described as revulsion on her face sets me off.

What the fuck is her problem? Is the pool not good enough for her? Is it not clean enough? I hired a pool guy. And if he didn’t do his goddamn job, heads will roll.

“What? The pool isn’t big enough for you?” I ask, stepping forward. I walk over to the edge and inspect the pool and the attached hot tub situated in the middle of a huge pad of stamped concrete. It looks clean to me, and it’s the standard size, if not bigger than other pools, so what is her deal?

I turn to her. “Can’t swim?”

Instead of answering me, Jennie stands there, not moving or speaking. Angrily, I grab her arms and turn her towards me. “I could always throw you in and find out,” I threaten. I’m not truly serious…or maybe I am. I don’t know. This girl has me so riled up that I am tempted to throw her in and give her a lesson in respect.