𝐱𝐢𝐯. 선물

✰⤸₊˚ ▬▬▬
▬▬ 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

˓ ⊹ ָ࣪ ˓˓ ₊﹅˚ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟰 𓏲 ࣪˖ 𑁍 ࣪˖ 𓂃

꒰ ❛ 𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙼𝙸𝙴𝚂 ❜ ꒱

⁺꒷✦꒦𓄼 ┊ 敵対恋人.書籍┊ · ࣪𐇵 ❟ 𓄹 ࣪˖
∿ ✦ Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift. ❞

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Hanbin follows closely behind me as I walk around the mall from store to store. Taehyung gave me his black credit card and told me to get whatever I needed that he didn't already buy. I don't get him. One minute he's a monster; the next he's trying to do something nice. It's like he can't make up his mind on whether he wants to hate me or not. Although, today, I swear he just wanted me out of the house for a while. We've barely spoken to each other for the past week or so since the night I slapped him in the face.

And while I admit it felt good to slap him, I regret doing it. Taehyung obviously harbors a lot of ill will towards my father, but I would too if I thought someone killed my mother. He has every reason in the world to hate the person who murdered his mother, but he's putting his anger on the wrong person, because my father didn't do it. I know deep down within my very soul that my father is innocent in all of this. If only I could prove it to him somehow.

"If I were you, I would max the credit card out on shit you don't even need just to spite him," Hanbin says, breaking me out of my thoughts. "We could even throw some of the stuff in the dumpsters behind the mall," he suggests, and I can hear the contempt in his voice. His hatred towards Taehyung is evident, but he tries his best to hide it from everyone but me.

"You know I wouldn't do that even if I wanted to," I tell him. I'm not like that. I know how hard people work for their money, and I know what it's like to live without the finer things in life. And even though Taehyung doesn't exactly do anything aboveboard, I don't want to waste his money. Besides, I'm not into spending blood money either.

I don't know much about Taehyung's business other than the few things I've heard the men in the house mention. Hanbin assures me Taehyung is the worst man on the planet, and maybe he is. Maybe I did marry a monster. He certainly acts like that sometimes.

But it isn't as if I had a choice in all of this. And it's not like we can just get divorced. I'm locked into this contract, this marriage, whether I like it or not. All I can do is try to make our relationship better over time, if that's even possible.