Chapter 4

Harry was still waiting to find out what should be done with himself. Most of his classes were easy to pick up. He had a newfound love of Herbology and apologized profusely to a very smug Neville for any of his past comments.

There were two problems that Harry kept running into. The smaller of the two problems was potions, and he was thinking about asking Slughorn for tutoring sessions.

Defense was Harry's main problem. It was only the second week, and he had almost gotten so mad he blew the classroom to smithereens. The room was vibrating, and if it wasn't for Draco, the castle would have gotten a new floor to ceiling window.

Every single class, Professor Avens tried to make an example of Harry. He would select him for all of his demonstrations no matter who else volunteered. He would push Harry much harder than he needed to, and he was furious every time Harry used a strong Expelliarmus against him.

"There are other spells to use than that silly one."

"Expelliarmus was good enough for Voldemort, it's not good enough for you?," Harry taunted.

"That's how you defeated him?," the professor asked with a laugh. "True child's play. So much for the best defense teacher you've ever had right?"

Harry wordlessly and wandlessly had the Professor bound and pressed against the wall, hovering off the floor before he could even blink.

"I hope that was a sufficient demonstration. Class dismissed," Harry spat through gritted teeth, storming out of the room.

Draco was quick to catch up to him, sliding an arm around Harry's waist.

"Potter, you're hot."

"Thanks."

"No, you're burning up."

Draco dragged Harry into a bathroom, where Harry immediately tensed up.

"Do you not remember what happened the last time we were in a bathroom together?," Harry asked through clenched teeth.

"I'm reminded every time I take my shirt off, but thanks for the reminder Potter."

"I didn't mean... I still have nightmares about it."

Draco shut his eyes, pinched the bridge of his nose, took a deep breath, and then wet some paper towels. He placed one on each of Harry's wrists, and then gently wiped his face with the other.

"Thanks."

"You're right, one self-sacrificing idiot is plenty."

"I'm going to see McGonagall, and I'm removing defense from my schedule."

"What are you replacing it with?"

"I don't care. I'll take another free period. More independent research. I'd even move my schedule and take more potions. Maybe I should, I have no idea what I'm doing, and it's going to fuck up my research project."

"I could tutor you, if you want."

"Why would you do that?"

"Someone has to stop you from killing yourself or those around you."

"And that someone is you?"

"Like I said Potter, I'm cursed. Are you okay now?"

"As okay as I can be."

"Let's speak with the headmistress before that idiot beats us there. I think Longbottom would be a better defense teacher than him."

"I think a dedicated worm could do a more efficient job. It's like he wants me to get angry and snap."