Chapter 21

When Harry woke up the morning of the party, it was to a soft caressing of his face.

"My darling, it's time to wake up."

"Do I even want to know what time it is?," Harry asked with a soft laugh.

"I let you sleep in, that's all you need to know."

"Morning cuddles?"

"Potter we are on a very tight schedule-"

"I'll make you breakfast?"

"And if I said I already made some?"

"I'd get down on my knees for you," Harry replied, opening one eye.

"You- I just... Potter!"

"Yes my love? Pumpkin? My star?"

"Fine, we can have morning cuddles," Draco huffed. "But you have to wash the dishes too."

"The things I do for love," Harry replied dramatically, wrapping himself around Draco.

"I already washed the dishes," Draco said quietly as he relaxed into Harry's embrace.

In response, Harry left a trail of small kisses across Draco's face. Draco wrapped his hand through Harry's hair, guiding Harry's lips to his own.

"Is this my breakfast?," Harry teased, nipping at Draco's lip.

"There's toast and fruit. It's not gourmet but-"

"It's perfect because you went through the effort to make it for me. For us. Let's go eat, yeah? I don't want to put you behind schedule."

"We have some cuddle time," Draco relented, "I'm just nervous."

"About?"

"Officially meeting your family. I'm worried they're not going to like me. I can't blame them for that of course, but I don't want them to try to convince you to stop seeing me. We've only just begun and..."

"Do you think it's too soon? Only your parents know about us, my love, we don't have to tell everyone today."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to think I'm ashamed of you-"

"You want to make amends first for your own sake, not for mine. You'll always wonder if you were forgiven just because we're together if you don't do this. Really Draco, it's okay. I'm not upset, and I'm not mad. I think you're brave."

"That means a lot coming from you."

"I mean it," Harry promised, kissing Draco softly. "The hardest part is going to be keeping my hands to myself now. I like having you close to me."

"I'll still be close to you. You just can't snog me in front of everybody."

"What a way to announce us that would be."

"Yes, that followed by a bunch of money changing hands. I'm sure half of them think we've been together longer than we have been," Draco replied with a laugh, kissing Harry's shoulder before pulling away. "Everyone could see it before we could."

"I knew it. You just didn't want to believe it."

"How could I? Someone as good and kind as you ending up with someone like me? By all accounts, we shouldn't work."

"We've spent our lives defying the odds, Pumpkin. You're not who you were, you've proved that to me. It's time for breakfast now. Then I'll start the dinner preparations."

As worried as Draco was about today, he always had the time to sit on the counter and watch Harry cook. After his muggle studies fiasco, Draco tended to watch or do simple preparations. It worked, especially when the roles were reversed in the potions lab.