Chapter 14

That day of course, was not today. At least, not for Harry.

Everything had been... relatively fine after Draco's soul was seemingly bared to the school. People viewed him as being "more human" now, whatever that meant. He had dropped muggle studies, choosing to do an independent study instead, but still planning on taking his NEWTs. Realistically, he was stressed out and spent a lot of his free time painting in the art room.

Tonight however, was October 30th, and Harry was nowhere in sight. Draco had searched everywhere he thought that Harry could be, knowing that with the invisibility cloak, Harry would be impossible to find. So, Draco did the next best thing. He set up camp in Harry's room, waiting for him to come back.

He brought snacks, worked on one of his essays, and stole one of Harry's hoodies when he got cold. That was on top of Draco's own blanket that he had brought into Harry's room.

"Moving in are you?," Harry asked tiredly, finally coming back into his room.

"I had to take matters into my own hands. Obviously you weren't going to invite me," Draco murmured, the end of a quill between his teeth.

"What are you doing?"

"Revising our notes for our potions project."

"No, what are you doing here?," Harry asked slowly, putting the cloak away.

"Misery loves company," Draco replied with a shrug.

"I'm fine."

"You can lie to yourself, and you can lie to your friends, but I know you Potter. You cannot lie to me. Put on your pyjamas and come and sit."

Harry didn't have the energy to put up a fight, and soon sat next to Draco, who wordlessly shared his blanket with Harry.

"Oh this is soft."

"It's my favorite."

Harry mindlessly ran his fingers across the soft material, trying to figure out what to say.

"I won't see you again until Monday."

"Don't be ridiculous. Do you think we should harvest the wolfsbane during the night of the full moon for our potion trial?"

"I'm letting you know so you don't get worried that I'm missing. I don't think it could hurt if we harvested it then."

"I don't have to worry because I'm staying with you," Draco enunciated slowly. "Do you actually think after all you've been through that I would leave you to deal with tomorrow alone? Absolutely not."

"I don't-"

"Stop. You don't know what you need because you've never had this. I'm here for you whether you like it or not, so suck it up Potter, and take out your notes."

Harry listened, a small smile playing at the edges of his mouth. He wasn't sure when he fell asleep amidst reviewing their project, but he did remember waking up mid-scream.

"Shhh, you're okay. I've got you Harry, it's okay. I'm right here."

Draco helped him sit up, and wrapped his soft blanket around the both of them.

"I got you some water. Sip it slowly."

"You should go," Harry choked out.

"Do you actually think that I'm leaving you after this? Shut up and let me take care of you Potter or so help me," Draco threatened, pulling Harry to lean against him.

His fingers found their way to Harry's hair, working through the tangles he encountered.

"Do you want to talk about it, or do you just want to lay here?"