Chapter 7

"Harry are you coming with us mate?," Ron asked, hand placed gently on Harry's shoulder.

Harry rolled over, folding his pillow over his face.

"You used to love going to Hogsmeade."

"Used to being the key words Ron."

"Did you tell him Malfoy's going?," Hermione asked, popping her head into the doorway.

"Malfoy's going?," Harry asked curiously, removing the pillow.

"He is. Just confirmed it with him. Thought it'd be nice to invite him out."

"I hate you both."

"See you soon Harry," Ron replied happily, tussling Harry's hair.

Harry grumbled to himself the whole time he was getting ready. He knew he was being set up, but he couldn't leave Draco alone.

Draco however, was having the same feelings about Harry. He knew how Harry got, and he didn't want him to be a third wheel to Ron and Hermione, which was much worse than just going alone. He was surprised Harry had even agreed to go, and a little hurt that Harry didn't ask him himself, but perhaps it was a pride thing.

Still, Draco obsessed over every  last detail of what he was wearing to the way that his hair fell. He needed to look perfect.

"Ready to go?," Hermione greeted him.

"As ready as I can be Granger. Where's Potter?"

"Right here. Let's get this over with," Harry grumbled.

Draco raised an eyebrow in confusion, about to ask why he was being like that when Hermione quickly ushered him out the door, talking about their arithmancy homework.

They were almost at Hogsmeade when Draco was finally able to shake her free, and fall into step beside Harry.

"I can't believe you wanted to go," Harry murmured.

"Did you not want me to come?," Draco asked, pushing away the feeling of hurt he had no right to feel.

"What? I only came because Ron said you were going. I had no plans on coming at all."

"Granger..."

Both Draco and Harry fixed the couple in front of them with glares so powerful, anyone walking near them quickly gave them their space.

"Oh enough! You both needed to get out," Hermione chided.

"I wouldn't have picked here of all places. I would have picked a nice muggle location where no one knows us."

Hermione was shocked into silence, opening and closing her mouth a few times.

"There is a brain in that pretty head of yours," Draco murmured, bumping Harry's hip with his own.

"Just stay close, yeah?," Harry replied quietly.

"I don't need protecting."

"Maybe I do."

The first place the four of them went was Honeydukes. The chatter stopped as soon as they walked in. The praises stopped short as soon as eyes fell to Malfoy.

"What do you want?," Harry asked him, ignoring the eyes.

"Dark chocolate frogs? Maybe some sugar quills for you since you keep chewing on yours."

"Yeah, that's fair," Harry replied with a laugh.

Harry essentially ignored everyone but Draco. Ron and Hermione left them soon afterwards, only further irritating Harry.