Chapter 18

Instead of taking the train, Harry and Draco took a walk through the snow until they were far enough away from the castle that they could apparate to Grimmauld Place. Harry lit a fire, and soon enough they began to excitedly plan how to restore the house to its former glory.

"Did it gets brighter in here, or is it just me?," Harry asked as they sat down for lunch.

"The house is happy that you're finally taking ownership of it. So much magic has gone into these old houses, they become sentient in a way, just like Hogwarts. I'm sure this place used to be beautiful, and it will be that way again. I'll speak with Mother about spells to restore the flooring to its original shine."

"Would you like to paint the walls with me?"

"You want my help painting?," Draco asked timidly.

"Draco you're so talented, I would love it if you could put some of yourself into the house. It is technically yours anyway, in a sense, with you being a descendant of the Blacks and all."

"It's one thing to pick out furniture but it's another thing to put a piece of myself into the house as a whole? Are you sure?"

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have asked."

Draco pushed off of the counter and pulled Harry into a hug.

"Let's talk colors."

Harry watched in awe as Draco began to sketch out a design of the living room.

"Draco you're so talented," Harry praised.

"It's nothing special," Draco brushed off.

"Are you kidding me? I could watch you create art for hours. You have a gift. I love being able to see the world through your eyes. I can't wait to make your art a reality."

Draco blushed, ducking his head and avoiding Harry's gaze.

"I love making you blush," Harry teased.

"Oh really? I do recall turning you into a blushing mess just last night. So beautiful darling."

"Are you trying to out flirt me Malfoy?"

"Is it working Potter?," Draco teased, leaning in closer.

"I don't know, you tell me," Harry whispered, eyes resting on Draco's lips.

It would've been so easy, to just lean a little bit closer. But no, Draco was doing this right.

"To be continued. We have catalogs to look at."

Draco was surprised to find that Harry actually had good taste in decor. His suggestions were tasteful, and Draco was pleased. He would make their, Harry's home, perfect.

"Are you staying for dinner?," Harry asked when the first floor's renovation was entirely planned out.

"I don't know, they're expecting me back today."

"Do you think you can be persuaded to stay for dinner?"

"What are you offering?"

"A homemade meal, a movie, some cuddling?"

"Is there dessert?"

"Whatever you want," Harry promised with a wink.

"Then yes, I'll be here."

"Perfect. Do you want to chop some vegetables up for me?"

"I suppose so," Draco said with a dramatic sigh.

"I really like having you here, I hope you know that."

"I do know, but it doesn't hurt to hear."

"In that case, I absolutely love having you here with me. The house feels more alive when you're here. I feel more alive when you're here."