Chapter One

Xelqua could only really remember a few things before his first day in the academy for the Watchers. The life in Evo he had. He went by Grian there. Or was it Grain? No. That didn't sound right. Grian. He could barely remember. He was thinking about all of this as he was... falling. Falling through the void then the sky. The ground was quickly approaching. He wasn't scared of that though. Truthfully he was relieved.

He was thankful he was free. Having 'escaped', even if it wasn't unscathed. He was heavily injured. His wings were broken in a few places. Mana burns on his skin a sickening blackish purple. As he landed, he was snapped back into reality, shooting up in his bed. It was just a dream. Why would I dream of the day I left that horrid place? He thought to himself as he shifted, dragging his hand down his face, and letting out a soft shaky sigh.

"This isn't season 6. This is season 16." He told himself and rolled out of bed straightening his red sweater. "I need to relax." He sighed and went to equip his elytra when he noticed pain coming from his back. From two points near his shoulder blades. He shook his head and equipped them anyway. He hasn't even been close to being called an Avian since his fall. His wings had disappeared as he was climbing out of the crater he had created in his landing.

He had forgotten about them. Two of his wings had disappeared before the fall during his exile. Yes, he in his Watcher form like the others had two sets. Why was he thinking about this? Why now? He shook his head more and decided he just needed to leave his base and do something. Anything. He clicked the tab to see who was online and smiled seeing Pearl was online. PearlesentMoon. One of the people who were in Evo with him. He sighed and flew over to her base. "Pearlllllll." He dove down and nearly crashed into the wall beside her but managed to not die.

"Hey mate. What're you doing here?" She chuckled side stepping out of the way. "I'm bored. I don't have much to do, no one worth pranking is online and I don't feel like building." Grian shrugged and shifted. The pain in his back was slowly getting worse. Causing him more discomfort that he had to take his elytra off.

He shifted and rubbed his eyes. "Valid reason but are you good? You look a bit dishevelled." Pearl questioned arching a brow. Grian took a moment to understand what she meant, thinking of what she said and then of his appearance. He must look tired.

"Just had a bad dream last night. Don't worry." He shook his head and stretched, draping his elytra on his arm. "Anyway. What're you up to?" He wanted to diverge from the conversation, not wanting to think about that memory. Even thinking about it caused his body to ache.

Pearl only gave him a look before letting the topic change. I'll figure out why he's being a bit dodgy, she thought and sat on her crafting table. "I'm putting things away before heading to the shopping district to restock."

"Oh jeez. I forgot to restock my shop!" Grian gasped and then groaned once the realization hit. Pearl's laughter helped calm his mind a bit. "I'm going to go with you since I need to desperately restock my shop before there's an uproar." He chuckled, rubbed his eyes, and equipped his elytra again, trying his best to hide the discomfort. He has to figure out why he is so sore and tender there soon before he isn't able to wear his crafted wings.

"Alright, race ya, G." Pearl smiled and flew off with a bit of rocket spam.

Grian shook his head muttering something about her getting a head start being unfair before following her example. Starting to get altitude to dive towards the shopping district. He was adept with flying and he knew the wind currents well so he got there before Pearl did. He sat in front of her shop with his legs crossed and his elytra in his lap.

He was adjusting the straps and the bracers for the fabric when she landed in front of him. "How?" She groaned. "Nevermind. You're Grian. You're a really good flier." She snickered at his face. It was comical how he looked offended with a large goofy smile.