Chapter Thirty

When he didn't show up to class after lunch, Krishna decided to check on him. After some deliberation on telling Calypso her concerns, the two walked down the hall, noticing its eerie silence but not overthinking it. When they got to Xelqua's door, they noticed there was no light coming from under the door. Which was odd because dorms would have at least one big window to let whatever light there was in the void.

The two exchanged looks before Calypso knocked on the door. Nothing. She knocked again, a bit louder. Still nothing. "!¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷?" She called out. Not so much as rustling. Krishna tried the doorknob, pulling her hand back quickly after a shock of cold electricity washed over it. "!¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷!" She shouted.

"ꖌᒷᒷ!¡ ℸ ̣ ∷||╎リ⊣. ╎'ꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ ∷|| ᔑリ↸ ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ."

Krishna nodded and kept knocking on the door. They shouldn't be this concerned, they knew it, but right now it felt as if something was definitely wrong. Not sure if it was because of the odd silence in the entire hall or what, but everything seems worse than it should. Calypso ran off, shouting for someone. Knocking on other doors to get someone to answer. Anyone.

"∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ⊣𝙹╎リ⊣ 𝙹リ?" The staff member from before asked, nearly being rammed into by her. She grabbed his arm quickly. "ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣'ᓭ ∴∷𝙹リ⊣. 𝙹⚍∷ !¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷ ∴𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ᔑリᓭ∴ᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸𝙹𝙹∷, ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ'ᓭ ᔑʖᓭ𝙹ꖎ⚍ℸ ̣ ᒷꖎ|| リ𝙹 ꖎ╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᓵ𝙹ᒲ╎リ⊣ ⎓∷𝙹ᒲ ⍑╎ᓭ ∷𝙹𝙹ᒲ. ||𝙹⚍ ꖌリ𝙹∴ ⍑╎ᒲ ᔑᓭ ∴ᒷꖎꖎ ᔑᓭ ∴ᒷ ↸𝙹. ⍑ᒷ ∴𝙹⚍ꖎ↸リ'ℸ ̣ ⋮⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑリᓭ∴ᒷ∷ ⚍ᓭ 𝙹∷ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᓭ⍑𝙹∴ ⚍!¡ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᓵꖎᔑᓭᓭ ᔑℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᔑ⊣∷ᒷᒷ↸ ℸ ̣ ╎ᒲᒷ. ∴ᒷ ℸ ̣ ∷╎ᒷ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸𝙹𝙹∷ꖌリ𝙹ʖ, ʖ⚍ℸ ̣ ╎ℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ꖎ𝙹ᓵꖌᒷ↸ ᔑリ↸ ∴ᒷ ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ᓭ⍑𝙹ᓵꖌᒷ↸ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ...ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ᓵ𝙹ꖎ↸ ᒷꖎᒷᓵℸ ̣ ∷╎ᓵ╎ℸ ̣ ||."

"⍑ᔑリ⊣ 𝙹リ. ᓭꖎ𝙹∴ ↸𝙹∴リ. ∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ╎ᓭ ⍑╎ᓭ ∷𝙹𝙹ᒲ?"

Calypso pulled him to the room and he told them to take a step back. He flicked through keys on a ring before trying to unlock the door. As he went to turn it, the cold shock caused him to jolt back. "∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ╎ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ...?" He murmured and turned to the girls. "ꖎᒷℸ ̣ ᓭ ⍑𝙹!¡ᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷ !¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷ ↸𝙹ᒷᓭリ'ℸ ̣ ᒲ╎リ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ."

"ᒲ╎リ↸ ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ?"

"ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ" He said and turned back to the door, kicking above the door a few times. The third time, the door swung open and finally, the silence broke. "̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ?" The staff member poked his head in, squinting in the darkness. Krishna and Calypso looked in too, before rushing to the bed, seeing a mess of feathers under blankets. "!¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷?" Calypso asked, shaking him. She sighed in relief feeling him shift the slightest bit, looking at the others. "⍑ᒷ'ᓭ 𝙹ꖌ. ⋮⚍ᓭℸ ̣ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ∴ᔑꖌ╎リ⊣ ⚍!¡. ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ⍑ᔑ!¡!¡ᒷリ╎リ⊣?"

"╎'ᒲ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᓭ⚍∷ᒷ."

"ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣'ᓭ !¡∷𝙹ʖᔑʖꖎ|| ⊣𝙹╎リ⊣ 𝙹リ ╎リ ⍑╎ᓭ ⍑ᒷᔑ↸." Krishna said after a moment. "↸╎↸リ'ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ℸ ̣ ᒷꖎꖎ ᒲᒷ 𝙹リᒷ 𝙹⎓ ⍑╎ᓭ 𝙹ꖎ↸ ⎓∷╎ᒷリ↸ᓭ ᓭᔑ╎↸ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ ⍑ᔑ!¡!¡ᒷリᒷ↸ ꖎ╎ꖌᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ?" She asked Calypso, who slowly nodded. "∴ᒷ リᒷᒷ↸ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᒲ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ 𝙹⎓ ╎ℸ ̣ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ⍑𝙹∴ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷリ. ʖ⚍ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹∴?"