Chapter Five

Xisuma heard his voice echoing and quickly ran to find him like that. "Grian?" He knelt down and put a hand on his shoulder. Grian didn't look up and kept asking something to stop, which made X bend down to meet his eyes. Grian's purple-glazed eyes had a thousand-yard stare which startled him. "Grian? Grian what is going on?" He kept asking, but his voice fell on deaf ears.

"Xelqua and his moon sister must be together." the voice echoed again and left so abruptly it left ringing in his ears. Grian looked up quickly, tears streaming down his face. The sudden movement made Xisuma fall backwards, which made Grian notice him.

He wiped his eyes quickly sniffling and looked towards the admin silently. His eyes started dimming back to their lifeless charcoal. The words 'moon sister' rang in his head. He got up quickly and grabbed Xisuma pulling him to his feet and left. Leaving Xisuma there confused, concerned and processing what just happened.

He pulled up the chat after checking if Pearl and Scar were online.

<Grian> Pearl. Scar. Kaleidoscope.

Kaleidoscope was a code word they had come up with when it was only the three of them which meant they needed to talk in a new place. Now.

<PearlescentMoon> Omw

<GoodTimeWithScar> same

He flew off to the agreed rendezvous point and opened the hidden door before closing it behind him. He sat at the large table setting his book down and jotted down what he had heard. Several moments later the other two arrived and sat down asking what was going on.

"First, if you guys get a message from Xisuma. Ignore it. I need to talk to just you two." Grian explained what happened...vaguely. He didn't want them to worry, but he also needed them to know what was going on before he looked right at Pearl and asked, "Pearl, this is going to sound absolutely mental, but in any way in the realm of possibility are we related? Really think about it."

He expected confusion on her face, but he was just met with warm teal eyes trained on his face as she thought, before those same eyes flashed recognition than sadness.

"Y-yeah....but...." she started before Scar put a hand on her shoulder. "From what you told me. Watchers manipulate your mind, your perspective....what about your memories? What if they took your memories, but in turn did the same to Pearl?"

There was a cold silence in the room after that was said, sending a chill down their spines. They left that conversation and started writing in their notes. Their communicators buzzed and beeped dozens of times from Doc, Ren, and Xisuma asking where they were. They just ignored it until it got extremely annoying and they took them off and put them in a chest on the other side of the room. With no windows or clocks in the room, they didn't know how much time had passed.

Pearl got up and grabbed her band from her chest to check the time, only to see a message from Xisuma to Grian. "Grian. Xisuma wants you at the admin portal. He just sent the message." Grian looked up at that, shut his book and quickly left after grabbing his communicator.

He flew to the portal as quickly as he could, so fast he couldn't stop as he flew right into Xisuma through the portal. Once the transportation into the admin institute hub, his senses adjusted and he looked around. "Ow..." Xisuma murmured from under him and he jumped.

Grian started profusely apologising helping him up. "It's okay. Knowing you would race there, I shouldn't have been standing in front of the portal." Xisuma said, dusting himself off.

"Yeah...well....since I left you there so abruptly I didn't know if you'd still come here with me. Or bring me here..." Grian rubbed his arm nervously before looking at him. "I'll explain that all later. I just needed to talk to Pearl and Scar about something. Uhm...turns out Pearl and I are siblings... scratch another thing the Watchers stole from me....my memories of us being siblings...." He whispered as they walked inside. Xisuma looked at him and frowned behind his visor. They walked past the threshold and white robes apparated around them with different colours on the hems. Grian's was gold, and Xisuma's was jade. Their seals appear as badges on the chest of their robes.