Chapter Twenty-Eight

After Martyn was told the happenings of that day, he saw Calypso off and went to talk to the council. Telling them what he needed and giving them the paper he was given. He had written them down for himself and Hermitcraft. He listened to the council's words, before nodding as they dismissed him. He returned to the library where he would be for the rest of the night.

Xelqua spent his time the same as the Listener. In the libraries and archives, pouring over books, scrolls and scriptures. As did the Admin in the Institute. Only to be told by the librarians to head to their rooms or servers.

Xelqua walked to his room, though he did not go there. Instead, he went to the isle on the outskirts of the main academy and surveyed the area. He did have to plan the next day's lesson, after all. He set up what he needed before he was satisfied and finally turned in for the night.

Thanks to his little...charm on the Listener, Xelqua had a decent sleep and was able to finalise items in his class before his students arrived. He smiled seeing them filter in and as soon as the door closed, they relaxed and slipped their masks off setting them now in a wicker basket under their seats.

"How is everyone?" He asked standing going to give them an outline of today as well as a written apology to Calypso. She slid it on top of the other paper and read it quietly as he went back to the front.

"We're alright, how about you professor?" Simmone questioned with a smile.

"I am quite alright. A bit tired, though I had to set up some things on the island. Once you all understand what I gave you, we can head there." He nodded and sat down. He watched Calypso neatly fold up the note and understood the confused look. He was confused by it as well. Soon, Mackinsey raised her hand. "Professor, this says it'll be like a game. Capture the Flag. How can this help with strategy?"

Xelqua went to answer but thought better of it and motioned to Isabella, for her to answer. "It is a game of strategy as much as it is a game of brawn. Figuring out what people should stay to protect the flag, and what people are better suited to get the other teams." She explained with a smile. "Oh! Thank you." Mackinsey said once it clicked.

"My question, professor, is who will we be facing? There isn't enough of us to split properly for both teams." Julius asked. Xelqua's smile brightened. "I asked another professor to join us. They have the same amount of students as you. They agreed to meet us there in a few minutes."

The students seemed excited now. "Once everyone is ready, we can go. I'm not sure how long it'll be until we come back within the walls so the other professor and I will bring food over for everyone."

They nodded and smiled and once they understood everything, they put their masks on and got to their feet. "Right then." Xelqua stood, doing the same, before leading the class to the island. He watched as they flew over the gap first, before doing it himself.

"!¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭᓭ𝙹∷. ∴ᒷꖎᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ. ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリꖌ ||𝙹⚍ ⎓𝙹∷ ⊣╎⍊╎リ⊣ ᒲ|| ᓵꖎᔑᓭᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹!¡!¡𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ⚍リ╎ℸ ̣ || ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⋮𝙹╎リ ||𝙹⚍." The second professor said with a smile and a bow as their class sat down in a cluster away from Xelqua's own. "╎'ᒲ ⍑ᔑ!¡!¡|| ||𝙹⚍ ᓵ𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ⋮𝙹╎リ ⚍ᓭ ᔑᓭ ∴ᒷꖎꖎ. ↸╎↸ ||𝙹⚍ ⊣╎⍊ᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷ ᓭℸ ̣ ⚍↸ᒷリℸ ̣ ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ꖎ╎リᒷ ⎓𝙹∷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹↸ᔑ|| ᔑリ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∷ᒷᔑᓭ𝙹リ ʖᒷ⍑╎リ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ?" Xelqua asked.

The other professor nodded, though before they could confirm it and add comments, someone in their class muttered, "ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ╎ᓭ ᔑ ᓭℸ ̣ ⚍!¡╎↸ ╎↸ᒷᔑ. ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ∴𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ↸𝙹 ⎓𝙹∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓵꖎᔑᓭᓭ 𝙹⎓ ⎓ᔑ╎ꖎ⚍∷ᒷᓭ ᔑリ↸ ᔑ !¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ᔑ ℸ ̣ ∷ᔑᓵꖌ ∷ᒷᓵ𝙹∷↸?"