Chapter Twenty-Four

Xisuma got to his feet quickly and took off quickly heading to his home without a word. Martyn pulled Pearl to her feet and followed the admin. She groaned at him as he said he would explain later, and followed the two.

"You better tell me what's going on Xisuma Void, Martyn Littlewood." She hissed as they landed outside the admin's house. Xisuma didn't answer. He was simply searching through bookshelves clicking his tongue as he did.
"Weavers are....supposed to be fables. Old wives tales. They are said to be the weavers of our story. That we all don't have our own free will. That the Weavers have planned our lives out from the very beginning." Martyn explained what he knew and rubbed his eyes thinking.

"There isn't a lot known about them anymore. As Martyn said...they're supposed to be myths. If the Watchers do indeed think they are not in control of their own decisions and it is actually the Weavers, that could explain why the Academy wanted Grian so bad and after so long." Xisuma nodded grabbing an old book and dusting the cover off.

Many of the pages were destroyed or falling out. He gingerly flipped through it, muttering and closing it after a few minutes. "That's the last book I had that had anything to do with the Weavers. It's so degraded the words are so faded off the pages it's illegible."

"But it makes sense. We should tell the others so we can all be on the same pages and see if anyone here has heard of the Weavers." Pearl said looking at the time. "We can't bury ourselves with the same things we have been any more. We need fresh eyes. Taking a break from this all will help us. Now that we know that not all of Grian has given up....we can take some time."

Pearl's eyes seemed so much brighter now than they have been in days or weeks...and Martyn didn't have the heart to dim them with what he refused to tell her. With what Calypso had told him. So instead he smiled and nodded, "Yeah...we can."

Xisuma caught on, seeing that look in the listener's eyes and agreed. They met up with the others and they updated them on what they knew.

Back at the Academy, Xelqua was asleep for a while, before feeling his bed shift and someone fixing his blanket. "̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ ||𝙹⚍ ╎↸╎𝙹ℸ ̣..." He heard and opened his eyes slightly. He groaned seeing Calypso and went to turn away from her, nearly falling off in the process. Calypso grabbed his shoulder to keep him from falling over and shook her head.

"╎ᒲ ᓭ𝙹∷∷||. ╎ ↸╎↸リ'ℸ ̣ ᒲᒷᔑリ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ∴ᔑꖌᒷ ||𝙹⚍. ╎ ᓵᔑᒲᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᓵ⍑ᒷᓵꖌ 𝙹リ ||𝙹⚍ ᔑリ↸ ᓭᔑ∴ ||𝙹⚍ ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ⍑ᔑꖎ⎓∴ᔑ|| 𝙹⎓⎓ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ʖᒷ↸ ꖎᔑ||╎リ⊣ ⍊ᒷ∷|| ⚍リᓵ𝙹ᒲ⎓𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ᔑʖꖎ||." She held her hands out and helped him fix himself, offering to help with his wings. They were bigger and he did have an extra set other than the other Watchers.

He sat up and fixed his hair before nodding at the offer. He was too groggy to say no, and it would help calm his mind after the events that happened. His magic had flushed out the others, but he still felt nauseous.

Calypso had him scoot up a bit as she sat down behind him to straighten out his feathers. "ᔑ∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ⎓ᒷᒷꖎ╎リ⊣ ᔑリ|| ʖᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷? ||𝙹⚍ ꖎ𝙹𝙹ꖌ ╎ℸ ̣." She asked quietly. Xelqua nodded quietly. Calypso....reminded him of Stress...and he felt so stupid thinking about that.

He looked down, biting his lip at the thought and light pulsed around him. Calypso stopped what she was doing and got to her feet moving to sit in front of him quickly. "∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ∴∷𝙹リ⊣?" She asked quietly tilting her head to meet his eyes.

Xelqua shook his head and ran his hands through his hair letting out a long sigh. To his surprise it was shaky. "リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣....リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣" He shifted and cleared his throat. Calypso looked at him narrowing her eyes a little and put the back of her hand on his forehead, pushing his head back a little so he would look up at her. He was still warm.