Chapter Thirty-Five

Calypso left after a while and Xelqua stayed awake for a bit thinking about what was written on the board. One thing he knew was that it was going to cause him and his class more trouble. He groaned, putting his arm over his eyes. "I just want everything to calm down, but no."

He spent a few hours thinking about it before he fell asleep, his wings curled around him. With his vision as it was everything was unfocused and as if looking through extremely dirt thick glass, and it made him uneasy. Going from seeing everything in sharper details and brighter colours to seeing everything so dull and unrefined didn't feel right.

When the morning rolled around, Xelqua expected to just sit in his room or classroom to think. He figured the other professors and students were doing the same due to classes being cancelled, but he didn't account for his students.

"Professor!"

"Morning Professor!"
"What're you doing in the empty classroom, Professor?"

One by one his students came into the classroom and he started chuckling looking towards them. "I could ask you all why you're here." He smiled and yawned in his hand. "I didn't want to stay in my room so I got here to just relax, nothing much I can do."
"Well, we didn't want to stay in our dorms or the library. The halls are like a ghost town." Talik said, putting an arm around him. "So we figured we'd see where you were and just hang out."
"You're acting like I'm not a professor, Talik." Xelqua shook his head and pulled his arm off from his shoulders. "You all are so weird." He laughed.

"Says you, Professor." Calypso said as everyone pulled their chairs from the long tables to the front of his desk. "You know why we're already doing so well?"
"Because you're just good students when you're given the right things to do and not a set strict schedule." Xelqua said, leaning back in his chair. He blinked at being flicked on the forehead as Calypso said, "No, it's because you actually treat them as just not as students but people. Now you're stuck with us as friends."
"Yeah Professor, because you can have friends on campus. Since you can't exactly hang out with the guys on the server you stayed with-" Talik said.
"And the other professors here are a bit on edge whenever you're around them..." Dianne added.
He sighed looking between his students and pinched the bridge of his nose before laughing as Simmone said, "Also, you're weird too."

"Now that's just mean." He chuckled. "I know I'm weird, but pointing it out? Jeez, Simmone."

"We're all weird and have our own quirks." Eli snorted, "It's not our fault you're the biggest oddball out of us."

"Have you all thought I was that weird this entire time?" Xelqua crossed his arms.

"You try to act like a mature person, and sometimes you're really good at it which is scary sometimes, but we know you're not really that type of person." Mackinsey commented. "It was like you were made to be a teacher but it doesn't seem to fit you from what we've heard before you were here."

"...Yeah that's fair." He huffed.

"Really though, you're almost terrifying when you act all mature. It's like a switch flips in your brain." Isabella murmured, rubbing the back of her neck. "I mean...I get it with everything going on but you should be able to let your guard down and be your normal self."

Xelqua didn't reply for a moment, flexing his fingers thinking about what she said. Taking some time to answer and that indifferent look he had caused Isabella to think she said something wrong, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything by it. I really understand why you're always so uptight and you don't mean to seem scary!"

He looked towards her with a questioning hum before covering his mouth bursting out laughing leaning forward. "You're not the first to tell me I can be scary. Don't worry." He said between laughter. Isabella stared at him before she started laughing.