Chapter Four

Grian followed suit, folding his wings tightly against his back so they wouldn't get hit by the branches of one of the trees.

He looked around once through the arch before clicking his tongue. "There they are. Announcement podium." He waved over to them and waited for the others before heading to the rest of the hermits. "Sorry, we're late. The book trio had their chats turned off." Tango chuckled, jabbing a thumb at the three behind him.

"Well, now we can begin." Zedaph laughed seeing the dishevelled group. "You all have a colour that I sent you earlier. That colour puts you into teams. There are sections around with that colour. When you win a game you'll get a player head of a glow squid. Put them on the wall in your colour. The team with the most heads wins. Let's begin!" Before Grian could look around to find his colour, Gem grabbed him while Jevin grabbed Scar and Pearl and ran to their scoreboard. "You three are covered in ink." Gem snorted, giving them washcloths. "What were you two doing?" Jevin asked as they set out on their games.

Pearl explained in layman's terms what they told Tango and Bdubs. Not wanting to tell them everything. The games lasted about two days, five teams of five facing off each other. This was a very welcomed distraction and there was satisfaction in the end. Grian's team had won. Just barely. The Cyan team. Keralis, Impulse, Tango, Bdubs and Cleo; had just one less than them. If Scar had not tied with another team they would have been in third.

After the games ended, the book trio went back to Grian's base to continue theorizing. They even started making a plan if there were going to be more Watcher issues. As they were going over the theories, late in the afternoon, Grian's door opened and Xisuma's voice came from the entrance. "What are you three doing?"

The three jumped out of their skins, falling out of their chairs spilling crumpled papers and the contents of the mugs over the table and themselves. Startled and surprised by the yelps and shouts coming from them. "Zoom-uh!" Grian groaned, getting to his feet. Scar and Pearl grumbled and huffed closing their books and started cleaning up.

Xisuma started laughing and helped clean up, before returning to his question. "What is going on with you three?"

"Nothing," Grian said, piling the books and putting them in his bag.

"Why're you over here?" Pearl asked, throwing away the discarded papers.

"Well...you three left Ren's really quickly and then have been radio silent for two days, before showing up covered in ink during the games. Only to leave right after, again radio silent." Xisuma said and pulled up a chat showing them the dozens of messages they had been sent. "So I was concerned. This doesn't seem like 'nothing'." He stated grabbing one of the mugs and a broken quill.

Grian shared a look with the other two, who looked between him and Xisuma with worried and questioning looks. Grian sighed, rubbing his eyes and sat down as the admin stood there waiting for an answer.

Grian took out the books again and laid them out in front of him. "Before we show you these...Please promise you won't tell anyone. Including the admin institute." He said pulling the books closer to him for a moment.

"How...." Xisuma murmured confused before sighing and nodding. "Yeah. I won't tell anyone. Promise." Grian pushed the books back to him. Pearl put a hand on Grian's shoulder and bent down whispering in his ear. "You sure?"

"Better an admin knowing than just you two," Grian whispered back as Xisuma read through the books. Scar looked at them, then Xisuma then huffed at the sticky sensation from the coffee. "We should go change guys. Let him read. I'm realizing we stink of coffee and it's gonna stain."

Grian agreed and they split up to change, clean up, and even put their weapons and armour away. When they got back. Xisuma was waiting, looking at the three books in front of him, silent.