Chapter 2 | waiting on something that won't happen

Iguro stared out the window, dozing off as he thought about whatever. His teacher's loud ass vice interrupted his thoughts. The teacher was still going on about some incident in the recess yard. A few weeks ago, a few students from this class had been dealing drugs behind the school, and made quite a profit until they got caught.

"If anything like this happens again, you all will be suspended!" the teacher exclaimed, making sure his point was clear.

"Yes sensei..." the class simultaneously uttered. The teacher scrunched his nose in annoyance, before sighing and going back to teaching the lesson. Iguro was about to go back to daydreaming before the bell rang. 

The teacher turned towards the noise. "Hmph, you all are dismissed".

Iguro gratefully got up, grabbing his things in a swift motion, before heading out. Tomioka followed behind him. 

"What do you have next?" Tomioka asked. "I have biology."

"Hmm..." he checked his schedule. "I've got language."

"Oh. See you at lunch break?" Tomioka asked. Iguro turned towards him and nodded as the bell rang again, signaling that the next class was about to begin. He waved to Tomioka as he headed to his next class.

✦✦✦

The school day was over, and the trio was walking home.

"Chem was so boring!" Uzui complained. "I thought we would do cool experiments, but instead, the teacher babbled on about liquids the entire class period!"

"Well that's unfortunate," Tomioka blandly said. Iguro smiled underneath his mask. Tomioka was so dry, it was kind of funny. Clueless too. 

"It can't be that bad. You just don't like it 'cause you're shit at Chem." he retorted.

"It was that bad!" Uzui groaned. "And you only like it because you're actually good at it!" 

Iguro opened his mouth for a snarky comeback, before deciding it wasn't worth wasting his breath. As they continued to walk, his house neared. They approached the rusty gates.

"Sorry guys, gotta go," he said.

"Oh alright," Uzui said, "see ya tomorrow!" Tomioka nodded and waved, before turning to follow Uzui to wherever they were going. He waved back. As the other twofaded from view, Iguro pushed the door to his house open.

"I'm home," he yelled out, to no one in particular.

"Hmm." his mother acknowledged him, but didn't bother to look at him. Iguro bit his lip. His mother was likey in a good move if she bothered to respond to him. He decided not to ruin it and headed up the stairs, to his room. Turning the rusty knob of his door, he stepped in, the cold air hitting him immediately. Oh how he missed the feeling of his fluffy carpet under his feet.

He ate some lunch, did his homework, the usual. Every day was the same. Every so often, his eyes would always flutter shut before he snapped back to reality.

Hmm.. I'm awfully tired. Maybe I should take a nap...

Although his bed and room was very unkempt, he could care less right now. He could clean up tomorrow. He padded over to his bed. He rubbed his eyes, letting himself fall into the comfort of his sheets and covers. His eyes fluttered shut and the sleep world took him under. 

✦✦✦

Edit: This chapter has been rewritten. 

Sorry this was quite short- I swear the next chapter will be longer-