Chapter 18 (FINALE) | i believed in those lies leading to this day

Scroll down for the bad ending!

NEUTRAL ENDING:

...

"...Tomioka?"

Iguro slowly but steadily backed away. The man in front of him stayed silent.

"Tomioka." He tried again. He didn't know what he was trying to say. Anger rose within him, and he gritted his teeth. Iguro turned his head, and saw Uzui's dead body hung over the wall. His eyes widened in horror, before turning to stare at Tomioka again.

Said man lifted his head to look at him. Iguro knew he should run, hide, try and escape. But if Tomioka wanted to kill him, wouldn't he have done so by now?

Iguro, run. A tiny voice inside of him commanded. He listened. He whipped around and turned to run. What he wasn't expecting, was for Tomioka to grab him and shove him into the storage closet across from the music room.

If Iguro's suspicion was right, then Tomioka must have been the one to kill Mitsuri and Shinazugawa too. The storage closet shut, and a click sound was heard soon after. Iguro's heart dropped to his stomach as he realized Tomioka locked the door. 

Anxiety began to kick in. He was locked in a room. With a murderer.

He whipped his head around to see Tomioka leaning against the door frame, blocking his only hope of escaping. The taller man's lifeless eyes bore into his skull, and Iguro shuddered beneath the pressure.

He stood to his full height, storming up to Tomioka. Tomioka watched with a strange glint in his eye. Confusion? Fear? Amusement?

"...It was you, wasn't it? You killed them too." It wasn't a question, it was a statement. Tomioka paused for a second before subtly nodding. Iguro gritted his teeth, a newfound hatred rising within him. He grabbed Tomioka down by the collar of his shirt, until their heights matched. There were so, so many things he wanted to say. But only one, one word came out.

"...Why?" 

His voice sounded small, like a scared child. 

Tomioka suppressed a smile. "I did it for you."

...

"...Huh?"

Iguro was at a loss for words. He didn't, couldn't understand.

Tomioka's laugh was bitter. He grabbed Iguro's hands and put them on his chest. Iguro could faintly feel the beat of Tomioka's heart. "Don't you understand? Those little gifts?"

Iguro stayed silent. 

"It was all for you. I love you, Iguro. Those three were getting in the way of things. Of us. Of you and me." He finished. Iguro sputtered. Tomioka moved forward until Iguro's back had hit the wall, and he leaned over him.