Chapter 17 | to trust and to not

His feet made a series of thumps in the vacant hallways. 

He was staying after school to borrow some books from the school library. He had already finished all of the ones he borrowed prior. 

His eyes scanned the paper he was holding in his hand. It was a list of book recommendations from his teachers. It was quite a long list, now that he thought about it. Iguro wondered if he would be able to carry so many books home.

Oh well. 

He pushed the grand doors of the library open with his shoulder. The librarian, Gyomei Himejima, gave a small nod in acknowledgment. Gyomei was the only adult in the building, as the other teachers had taken their leave. The librarian was a kind man, often letting Iguro hideout there while skipping classes.

He checked his list again. He headed to the sci-fi section. 

He trailed his hands over the spine of the books. He carefully picked out the ones recommended, until he couldn't hold any more with his one hand. He headed to the front desk, where the librarian smiled warmly at him.

He silently checked all the books out. "Is that all?" The librarian asked.

"Yes, that's all." Iguro answered as he began packing books into his bag. He heard music from the floor above. The music club must be having auditions.

He swung the bag over his shoulder, before exiting the school library.

As he headed towards the exit, he heard a frill shriek, followed by a thump from above. Iguro thought nothing of it. Until...

"HELP!!" a voice rang out. Iguro's eyes widened. 

Without thinking, he dropped his bag and races up the steps. Up, up, up, until he reached the third floor. 

He followed the noise, where screams and howls had faded to whimpers and sobs.

The sound led him to the music room. He slammed the door open.

"HEY! What happe-"

He was cut off by a pool of blood right at his feet, and a body dropping dead in front of him right after. His eyes widened. His breathing came out in heavy breaths.

He shakily raised his head.

There, the offender stood right in front of him. 

Spiky, shoulder-length black hair. Dark blue eyes. Pale complexion, and tall figure.

It took a second for Iguro to put the pieces together. He swallowed multiple times before letting out a shaky,

"...Tomioka?"

...

There it is folks. This story is coming to an end, and the next chapter is the finale!

For the finale, there's gonna be two endings. There will be no good ending, but rather a neutral and bad ending, so stay tuned. 

And that's all! Have an amazing, amazing day/night!