Chapter 11 | love is like a glass

When Iguro awoke from his slumber, the first thing he noticed was the dark circles under his eyes. He checked the time.

4:02 PM, it read. He had slept through the entire day.

Kaburamaru hissed in his cage from the lack of food. Iguro sighed.

He was still shaken. But he cried so many tears that he was unable to cry anymore. He slipped his finger through the gaps of the cage. He felt a little better as he watched Kaburamaru rub against his finger. Almost as if sensing he was sad, Kaburamaru slipped out of the cage and wrapped around Iguro.

Iguro let out a shaky breath. At first, he was upset over Kanroji's death. But now he was angry. Whoever murdered her, he would make sure they experienced hell.

Iguro set Kaburamaru down on his windowsill. Iguro picked up his phone and scrolled through dozens of messages and missed calls. He cleared them all, and headed to his bathroom to try and relax.

Iguro slowly headed into the shower, and let the warm water fall down his body. He rubbed his face, which was still damp with tears. He collapsed on the shower floor, and sat there until his mind wandered elsewhere.

......

Iguro lifted his head at the sudden buzz of his phone.

He lazily reached over and grabbed it, checking for a contact name.

Giyuu Tomioka, it read. Iguro raised an eyebrow.

Why the hell would Tomioka be calling me? If I had to guess, it's probably about yesterday... Iguro sighed and rolled over on his bed. He swiped and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Iguro said. There was a shatter on the other end.

Oh, Iguro. I didn't think you'd pick up. Said Tomioka's voice from the other end. Iguro rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" Iguro grumbled and flopped back on his bed. Tomioka sighed.

Well, I just wanted to check on you... since Kanroji was your best friend and all... Iguro felt annoyed at the 'was' in that sentence. Although he appreciated Tomioka going out of his way to check on him. Maybe he wasn't as emotionless as Iguro thought.

"...I'm fine. Thanks for asking." Iguro mumbled. "Was there anything else you needed?"

Tomioka was silent for a while before speaking. No, that's all. Well, I'm not so great at these kind of things but... I'm here if you need someone to talk to...

Iguro was slightly surprised. It warmed his heart that Tomioka was worried about him. He smiled. "Thanks for the offer."

Mhm... Well, I'll go now. ...Take care. And with that, he hung up.

Iguro dropped his phone. He gazed out towards the small balcony. He didn't know what he was thinking, but he grabbed his blankets and pillows and headed out.

The balcony was big enough. Iguro laid down on the wooden boards, and bundled himself up in the covers. He closed his eyes and let the cool breeze fall over him.

His gaze fell upon the endless sky. The stars twinkled and the moon shone bright. It was a lovely sight. Tears filled his eyes again, but they were happy tears. Iguro smiled.

He reached a hand up to the deep blue and thought to himself.

Kanroji, take care up there. I'll be there soon too...

Before he knew it, he had dozed off right on the hard floored balcony.