18| Festive season

"Damajue nuh fuck yuh pah nuh hungry belly doe?" The lady asked and I never knew I'll be that embarrassed enough to laugh.

"No Miss Zoe." I spoke truthful and she sighed a breath of relief.

"Thank God. Mih did a pray fih yuh eno. Dat bwoy blood strong like him pupa and grandpa. Affi a look out fih all a wih oman cause man eva horny like dwag..."

"Mih a yuh man eno, Zoe..." Xander argues in the background and I grew up knowing how they are so I told her a quick goodbye and hang up.

I could finally attend to the fast foods and drinks Damajue brought last night. An to make matters worst, nothing wasn't coming up so I ate like I never did before. I couldn't move from the couch so I sat back and relax, watching King Julian on Netflix and shook my feet in contentment.

I saw food and lust for more, though I was more than over fed. I didn't know why KFC was so good and additive but I wanted more so I texted it to Damajue's phone while I nibble on the crumbs in the bottom of the box. Licking away the ketchup and barbeque sauce from my index finger and thumb. If I could eat my lips I would, laughing at a funny scene and burping at the same time.

I'm sure if Damajue saw me now he'll have regrets but I doubt that.

I heard when his car parked in the lot downstairs then his keys that he always plays around with as he climb the stairs. It's like pregnancy heighten my senses because I heard him unlocking my grill softly and moved towards my opened windows.

"Hey babe." I grinned, smelling the marijuana scent lightly blowing in.

"Yow, mih start question yuh eno. That's strange." He chuckled, opening the door and came in closing the windows. "Why yuh nuh use the AC babes?"

"Cah find the remote." I lied, seeing as it was right next to the television remote.

"If you say so." He smiled, walking into the bedroom and returned a couple minutes later fresh out the shower and in only his boxers shorts. "How's school?"

"Good, exam is easy as usual and mih assist a class since the teacher did sick."

"Yuh chemistry teacher?" He frowned, looking around the kitchen and down at the filled rubbish big.

"Yes, she same one." I answered seeing as he was busy with his classes but asked someone to bring me and my friends home for three days now.

"Uncle Jamie go bring dih KFC and pizza around ten tonight. A thru bush mih drive and avoid the main roads."

I looked at him worried. "What happened?"

"Nothing much. Why the AC neva on?" He inquired, dropped the question I've asked.

If he thinks I'm stupid then he must be dumb and it could be one of two things.

"Drankro daughter and muss muss likkle one get ketch a rub up pussy." I blurted, reached over for the reminding grape bottle with little juice in the bottom and drank it all.

"What!" He looked at me with widened eyes.

"Yeah. Dem come home early and nuh stop at the evening care but Drankro one use the key har fada hide and bring muss muss one in deh. Mih did out deh a water mih plants and hear dih likkle sound but the damn AC unit a mek noise suh mih lock it off. Next thing me know is my big nosey rass gone dung pan eh complex gah listen. Yuh know how nobody nuh really deh yah around certain hours of the day?" I smiled when he nods, just to be sure he was listening. "Dem pickney yah loud yuh rass and me a peep. Porn a gwaan and it tun up too loud but a dat me hear and think a did dem. Who tell mih fih guh look dung, nuh dem pan dih bed a sharpen dem blade. All wet up tu bloodclaat and muss muss one a stop the other one cause she cah tek no more and a bawl. Literally tears inna har eye. One cum and the other one nuh cum, all now shi nuh cum cause me guh feel a presence next to mih a see har pupa. Laad babes, mih spin mih roll, put mih foot inna mih hand and run come siddung right yah suh. Next thing me hear was shouting and bawling but mih nuh guh look cause mih get ketch already. Grade six dem inna but can yuh imagine dem in high school?"