24• The end

Amoya got home to find her father's side of the family against her mother's.

Her part of the house was opened and everything that didn't belong to her was outside. Welders were adding grills to both the windows and doors. Her sisters, females cousins and aunts seems to be sorting through what belongs to her or not, but they should know because Amoy knew her style.

Then there was the crowd, the neighbors watching it all go down.

"Yuh ungrateful bitch!" Her mother points at her. "Yuh send yuh people dem up here fih run out yuh sister dem. Yuh think mih an yuh a stay in yah."

"Why yuh nuh move out then?" Steplon commented.

"Mih a chat tu yuh?" She was brave to ask him.

"If yuh neva breed an bring har come yah, yuh wouldn't deh on this property. A fih har name on the land title and mih have just a much talk. A Griffiths wih name suh know yuh place or else a Stephen Griffiths a fawud up yah tu yuh. Shi nuh need fih seh nothing tu wih like how yuh loose mouth son come report everything tu yuh."

"A from morning ya diss mih enuh batty bwoy." Devon hissed and almost everyone was surprised by the way he spoke to Steplon. "Mind how ya chat tu mih mada."

"Mih nuh deal wid batty business like you. Did wah mek eh link wid Richelle, but then mih ear seh har pussy loose like yuh mouth." He chuckled watching the younger boy lose his cool. "Since yuh big fih a chat tu mih suh and nuh wah no body tell yuh mada dih truth. Why yuh nuh find place put har and yuh other siblings? Or even build a shop give har cause mih fada nuh suppose to a pack it everytime shi nyam it dung but naw be a mother to the one pickney shi give him."

There was no respond.

"Ah, mih sister nuh suppose to a sleep outside a weh har fada build give har and if anything fih happen up yah an it reach wih ears, a wih grandfather go fix unnu business. Whether unnu fih continue suck or fuck fih things like unnu duh fih pay did bills, dweet but nuh mek mih sista affi inna wah crowded place wid dem while yuh can guh find bush or the man dem yaad." There he goes, throwing out there dirty deeds.

"Try si har and walk far."

Amoya's room and bathroom went back to it's original state and smell so much better.

After that day some workers came repeated to add to her side of the property.

They build a wall to separate her's from her mother's, adding barb wire to the top. The yard space in concrete, just after they had an extension of a small kitchen space to the front where she now enters from.

She was happy that she doesn't have to see her mother and her siblings except for on the road.

Her father or brother would come by and drop off groceries every other weekend after her kitchen appliances came.

The more changes that happened was the more she had the courage to write.

She bought a small journal and everyday she would add something about her day and what she had learned. Her failures, mistakes, memories, thoughts, fears and the truths.

She found time between studying and doing her assignments but then she needed another journal so she did so.

It was close to her graduation when she slipped it inside a gift bag, bringing it along with her gown and hat to where her grandfather was parked waiting on her.

"Ready?"

"Yes grandpa." She smiles and hung her gown along the backseat then sat up front.

The first person she which to see was Amoy, and to apologize before getting giving her the journals. She pray that her stepmom would forgive her.

That was all I had. I leave everything else up to your imaginations.