22• Technique

Damajue took Amoya just outside the lane her mother lives in. Her seatbelt unbuckled but the child lock was on the door.

He got comfortable, taking out his water bottle and took a sip before he spoke.

"A suh yuh hate mih enough fih kill wah mih love in this world?" She stayed quiet and he chuckled, looking at her. "Mih fih ask yuh again?"

"No daddy."

"Explain yuh self." He demanded it and even though the air conditioner was on, she was nervous and sweating.

"Mih nuh hate yuh."

"Dats it?" He asked and she nods. "Talk to mih nuh."

"Why yuh lef mummy a suffer while yuh wife inna luxury?" She blurted and he chuckled then stopped, only to laugh as if it was the best joke ever.

She felt upset that he was laughing and he noticed that too. Talking out his phone, he searched for a particular folder he was collecting over the years.

"Amoya. The same woman yuh nuh like raised yuh yet a you wah kill har. Raise a bird fih pick out har eye, yuh nuh see wah yuh do? Yuh living with us since wih get married and yuh nuh fall short on anything. Mih barely deh home because mih affi work and a she tek care a everything and everyone. She tek care a you. Yuh only come roun' ere fih visit yuh mada when you feel like it or when Pinky wah know something. No one but mih family know when mih a travel. You come roun' ere come tell yuh mada who sort to bring problem to mih life when she a call off mih phone. Mih nuh give har mih personal number, only family has it. The list could go on but hear this. The shop yuh mada have is me build and stock it, repeatedly. Mih can pull up the receipts if yuh wah see dem. Suffer how? My responsibility is you, Amoya. Not yuh mada because only she knows and plans on you being conceived. Mih wife don't know and mih parents kept it a secret for my sake. What position mih have in this community?"

"People look up to you." She answered without another thought or even a stutter.

"Exactly. Mih stop drink licqor when I'm outside the comfort of my own home because of yuh mada..."

He told her the story or history of himself, Amoy and Pinky during their childhood up. He explained how crazy he is for Amoy that he even tracked her period before they even started dating. He paused the story telling to show her a video as she took the phone from his hand.

Much like herself, she has her mother's complexion and nose but that was it. She was the spitting image or Damajue's other daughter's. She looks a little like her aunt's and grand aunt Sarah. She looks like all the Griffiths women.

Her mom in the video was next to her father in a crowded place. She recognized multiple peoples too, but her focus was on her parents. Her mother approaching her father who completely ignores her yet she stayed.

Next came her mother's friend who passed away before she was born. She distracted her dad while Pinky was able to put her nails over his drink.  The footage wasn't too clear to see what was done but as the time speeds up, her father starts acting weird. He got up to leave yet stumbled a bit, only for her mother to be there and Damajue was still pushing her away. The persistent woman got what she wanted and brought him away. The video ended and he told her to skip to the right right. It was a voice recording and she played it, gasping at the familiar voice and deeds her mother confessed on doing with her father.

"The product work. It drug him out in seconds and yuh right, it mek him hallucinate because him nuh stop call dat dutty gyal name throughout the entire sex. Yuh fih see mih a ride dih big buddy gyal. Bwoy nuh use to cause it seems a dih fuss him doing it. Mih nuh surprise cause him parents raised him good. Mih seh, mih mek him cum inna mih cause mih nae have no condom but it sweet mih fih go fih a next roun'. Gyal, I couldn't dweet cause I hear him phone a ring and a Zane a call. Mih nuh like or trust that boy suh yuh fih see mih a hurry fix him up and left him pah dih bench fih run inna the bush go hide until him cousin help him out. Mih feel like me nearly dead. Mih can't wait fih fuck up Amoy, just watch and see when shi find out."

"But..."

"But what?" He took his phone and ignore the tears running down his daughters cheeks.

"Mih neva know."

"Mih nuh care how this sound cause yuh know mih speak facts. Yuh blind like yuh mada. Yuh want what you want and hard fih understand seh things won't always go your way. Look yah." He said.

He showed her some photos, one after the other.

She was always there with Amoy, her sister Mimi and her siblings: Roman, Romana, Steplon and Krysceal. Kitty included her in everything and would always have her smiling. On her birthdays, holidays, trips and vacation time. Her dad showed her around fifty plus photos and she couldn't stop crying.

"She been taking care of you since you were a child because yuh mada wah free to explore the world. She a try protect yuh from being here and this is where you now end up. Yuh have two more years before yuh turn eighteen and can live on yuh own. Mih love yuh Amoya, God know, but yuh break mih heart mon. Mih wah beat yuh but mih cah dweet. Mih wah cuss yuh but a dih same. Yuh do the crime, yuh go do the time. Yah suh me a let you off eno. The communication still up between us but with yuh family is a different story. Come on."

He unlocked the door and got out. Embracing his daughter who broke down and cried in his arms as the community members watched.

"Hey Damajue!" Pinky called and he instantly shuddered with disgust. Something his daughter now realize he has been doing for years yet she failed to recognize until now.

"Please Daddy, I'm sorry. I'll apologize and change but don't leave me."

"Give her a chance." He whispered back, hoping she learn a good lesson.

"Roe, gwaan up a yaad mek me and yuh fada talk. You, Paige and Patricia a share room."

"My room?" She asked with disbelief. The room her father build for her, her mother broke in and had two of her six siblings staying there.

Pinky only chewed on the gum more and ignored Amoya, admiring Damajue.

This was definitely karma.

An to say I was ending the book. I sorry y'all...❤️😅