Five

Rafe

"What's wrong, buddy?" I look up from my desk when Will and Viktor enter the office and I lean back in the chair when they sit in the chairs opposite me. Viktor unbuttons the suit jacket before he leans back.

"Did you see the e-mail I sent you?" I ask him and he nods in confirmation. I pick up the silver remote in front of me and I push on a button so a TV emerges from the wall.

"As you know, we found at least fifty-five cameras and we suspect that he bought them online from the dark web." I push on a button and on the screen, the bear comes up, a doll and a fake pot plant.

"This guy isn't dumb." I grit through my teeth as I try to not think about how fucking disgusting this is. He was watching both Angelina and Aubrey with all of these cameras hidden in their apartment. It was scary but also fucking clever how he managed this.

"He has managed to get into their apartment, meaning he has a copy of their key and can walk in and out whenever he wants to." I conclude with and look at them both as they stare at the TV.

Viktor has been in a similar position like this before with his little sister. He found a secret camera hidden in her bedroom by her jewelry box and it was a fake plant with a small, tiny hidden camera.

It is disgusting how fucking small those things are and how everything could be a camera. That's when I wanted to make a security company. I wanted to help people with finding shit like this and warn them about these things.

We managed to get the fucker in jail, he was a creepy fifty-year-old man and he admitted to having cameras installed in other girls' apartments too. When I found the listening device in Angelina's couch cousins, I lost it.

Knowing that her whole apartment could be bugged is fucking scary, for her and for her roommate. Of course it is not the first thing that you think of when you walk into your home and you feel safe and secure. But now, that's ruined for her.

"Do you have any fingerprints on the camera?" Viktor speaks up and he looks back at me and I shake my head. "No. Nothing." I confirm and his nostrils flare as he takes a deep breath, his hand turning into a fist as anger flickers on his face.

"We are going to find him." I open up a drawer and I place the letter that he wrote to Angelina. I managed to sneak it with me when she put it in her jacket before we left.

It was so fucking disgusting and I wanted to rip it and shred it to pieces, but we need the evidence for the investigation. I have contacts in the FBI, but not even they could find a single fucking fingerprint or DNA on the letter. This stalker is good, and he knows what he is doing.

"What about the FBI?" Will suggests, but I just give him a head shake. "No. They didn't find anything. They also searched her apartment from top to bottom, every fucking corner, but nada. Nothing. Not even on the door handle." Will lets out a frustrated sigh and he pulls his hand through his hair.

"So, what do you suggest that we do?" He asks and they both turn to look at me as I think for a moment. "I have a list of all the people that live in the building." I grab a brown file and open it up as I see all the names on the list.

"There are three floors and you need to have a key card to access the complex, but since we don't know the time period the letter was dropped off it is impossible to know who it is. In the building there are three hundred and twenty apartments and three of them are available at the time. Around two hundred and fifty people live there, including five families of four." My eyes flicker over the paper and I couldn't help that my eyes stopped at Angelina's and Aubrey's name.