Seven

TRIGGER WARNING: Torture, blood, wounds

Rafe

I failed my one and only mission I've signed myself up for. 

I failed to protect Angelina. My security guards apparently got a message from me that I needed their help last night before Angelina was supposed to go to work, but that was false. But they were dumb enough to go with it, so I fired them. 

Someone tricked them and they should've known better. And that put Angelina in danger. She shouldn't have gotten to the bus station at the end of the road, she should have waited for us. We were only ten minutes away from the house. Sabrina confessed that she had left alone and I felt that in my stomach. 

I felt something was wrong. 

We heard something from the forrest and we immediately went there. I saw her, laying on the ground. Pale as the snow as fear was reeking from her. When I spotted the blood spot forming on her jeans, I lost it. 

She was hurt, because of me. I failed her, I fucking failed her. I failed the only thing that I was good at. I failed my one thing in life that I was so sure I could do. I fucking failed. I can't fucking do this shit right.

We tried to trace the voicemail my men got on their phone, but it was impossible. It went into a million directions of false network, we didn't find it. We caught Trevor Dawson last night, he was now locked up in the basement of the house where only Will, Viktor and I had access too. 

When I woke up today, I felt my body froze by the feeling of her body close to mine. I usually slept alone in my bed and I have never slept with someone like that this before. I've never cuddled with someone before. I've never been the fan of pshycic contact, but I couldn't help the warmth from Angelina's hand that was resting on my chest as soft breaths comes from her parted lips. 

It felt good. 

The sun from the window was shining through the curtains and onto her face as I studied it, her closed eyelids slightly moves as she was dreaming. She fell asleep pretty quick after we laid down and she immediately snuggled into me. 

It was just so weird sleeping next to someone like this. I mean, I've slept with woman before, but they have never stayed the night. I've never cuddled with them afterwards because they knew what I wanted. 

No relationship. 

I've never had a girlfriend, only a few flings her and there. I have never felt the need of having a girlfriend, I've never felt the need to be in love. Or fall in love. 

I stiff when I feel her movie and I see that her hand goes full over my waist as she pulls herself closer to me and I swallow. I look at the watch on my wrist, seeing that it is six thirty am in the morning, I have to get up. 

But I feel myself hesitating, it is just something about the warmth from her body that makes me addicted. I've never felt this kind of closure before from a woman. The only woman who has given me this type of intimacy was my mother. 

I gulp before I carefully grab her wrist and lift it slowly off me, trying to be cautious to not wake her up from her deep slumber. She needs the rest after last night, she was terrified. She had all the need to be after what happened. 

I pull the covers better over her before I stop and linger a little at the sight of her lying there peacefully, her chest rising in a steady rhythm. I hesitate for a moment before I carefully caress her cheek with my knuckles, stroking her softly. She doesn't react to my touch, and that made an unfamiliar feeling lit inside me.