New Feelings - Chapter 4 ("Wait you have three boyfriends?")

It had been a few months since Tsukishima, Kageyama, Hinata, and Yamaguchi had visited Tokyo to see their friends from other teams, but they were eager to do it again. They had all grown closer in their polyamorous relationship, but they missed the company of their friends.

Tanaka's sister, Saeko, agreed to drive them again, and they piled into her car for the long journey. As they drove, they discussed their relationships, and how they had been navigating being together in a society that often frowned upon anything outside of traditional monogamous relationships.

Tsukishima was his usual cold and aloof self, but even he couldn't help but feel a little more relaxed in the company of his three boyfriends and their shared excitement about seeing their friends again. Hinata was bouncing in his seat, already planning what they would do when they arrived, and Kageyama couldn't resist clumsily teasing Yamaguchi, who was blushing furiously.

As the night wore on, the group settled into Kuroo and Kenma's apartment, the living room filled with laughter and the sounds of rock music playing in the background. Bokuto and Akaashi had cuddled up on the couch, Hinata and Yamaguchi were sitting on the floor, and Kageyama was sprawled out on the other couch, teasing Yamaguchi every chance he got.

Tsukishima, as usual, sat in a corner with his arms crossed, looking aloof and uninterested in the conversation. Kuroo, sensing his discomfort, decided to break the tension.

"So, Tsukki, how's your relationship with these three going?" he asked, gesturing to Hinata, Kageyama, and Yamaguchi.

Tsukishima shrugged. "It's fine."

Kuroo rolled his eyes. "Fine? That's all you're going to give us?"

"It's a work in progress," Hinata piped up, smiling brightly. "But it's getting better every day!"

Kuroo nodded, then turned his attention to Bokuto and Akaashi. "And you two? How's the polyamory going?"

Bokuto grinned. "It's amazing! I never thought I could love three beautiful souls at the same time, but Akaashi Kuroo and Kenma make it so easy."

Akaashi smiled, his hand resting on Bokuto's knee. "It's not always easy, but it's worth it. We make it work."

Kuroo nodded, then took a deep breath. "Speaking of polyamory, I have something to tell you all." He looked at Kenma, who nodded, and then took a deep breath. "Kenma, Bokuto, and Akaashi are my boyfriends."

There was a moment of stunned silence, and then Hinata whooped, throwing his arms around Kuroo. "That's amazing!"

Kageyama raised an eyebrow. "Wait, what? You have three boyfriends?"

Kuroo nodded. "Yep. It's not always easy, but we make it work. We all love each other, and that's what matters."

Tsukishima looked at Kuroo, his eyes narrowing. "You're not just saying that to make us feel better, are you?"

Kuroo shook his head. "Nope. We're all in this together, and we're happy. It's not for everyone, but it works for us."

Tsukishima looked like he was considering this, and then he sighed. "I guess...I guess we aren't the only ones, huh."

Hinata clapped his hands together. "That's the spirit, Tsukki! Love is love, no matter what form it takes!"

The rest of the night was filled with laughter and light conversation, the tension between the four boyfriends fading away as they listened to Kuroo talk more about his relationship with Bokuto and Akaashi, and Kenma opening up about how he felt about the arrangement. They watched a movie, cuddled together, and for a moment, it felt like they were all just normal kids, enjoying each other's company and the warmth of the moment.

Yamaguchi, who was always the peacemaker, suggested they all watch a movie, and soon they were all snuggled up on the couch, their limbs tangled together. Tsukishima was still his usual reserved self, but he found himself relaxing more and more as the night went on.

As the night wore on and everyone started to get sleepy, they said their goodbyes and made their way back to the car, Saeko joking with them and teasing Hinata about his height. It was a silly moment, but it brought them all together, reminding them that even though their relationships might not be typical, they were still just a group of friends who loved each other.

 Tsukishima, who had been the most reluctant to come, found himself feeling grateful for the opportunity to spend time with both his boyfriends and their friends.

As they drove back to their hometown, Tsukishima leaned his head on Hinata's shoulder, feeling content and happy. They might not fit into society's narrow view of what a relationship should look like, but they had each other, and that was all that mattered.