New Feelings - Chapter 10 ("What's gotten into you, Tsukki?")

AUTHORS NOTE: FINALLY, a mushy and caring tsukishima. I PROMISE YAMAGUCHI WILL GET MORE SCREENTIME SOON. I apologise for the kagehina centric chapters recently. MORE TSUKIHINA, YAMAHINA, TSUKIKAGE AND YAMAYAMA COMING SOON I PROMISEEEEE

________________________________________________________________________

Hinata, Kageyama, and Tadashi sat in Hinata's room, munching on snacks and lazily scrolling through their phones. Tsukishima sat on the bed, his nose buried in a thick textbook.

"Tsukki, you're always so uptight about school," Hinata said, shoving a handful of chips in his mouth.

"Because it's important, Hinata," Tsukishima replied without looking up.

Kageyama rolled his eyes. "We all know school is important, Tsukki. But we don't care about failing, volleyball is more important to us anyways."

Tadashi nodded in agreement. "Yeah, remember all the fun we had in the food truck? And the Karasuno crew band?"

Hinata smiled, remembering the times they spent in the food truck, serving food and having a good time. "And the times we took off from school to go to Tokyo?"

Tsukishima sighed, closing his textbook. "You guys always use volleyball as an excuse to avoid studying and your lives."

Hinata and Kageyama exchanged a look. They knew they weren't the best students, but they didn't know it upset their beloved Tadashi and Kei

"I know we're not the best at school, Tsukki, but we try our best," Hinata said.

Tsukishima leaned back on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. "Seriously, I don't think you do try. You two are always dozing off in the corner of class, not taking a single note..."

Kageyama raised an eyebrow shocked at Tsukishima's sudden display of tenderness and care towards the boys. "So what if we're failing, what's it to you...?"

Tsukishima hesitated for a moment, then spoke quietly. "Because... you guys have helped me through a lot. You helped me with my eating disorder, and you always calm me down when I'm angry or upset."

Hinata and Kageyama looked at each other, surprised. They had no idea that Tsukishima felt that way.

"What's gotten into you, Tsukki?" asked Hinata, surprised at the sudden change in his teammate's demeanor.

"I just don't think it's fair that you guys are failing and not doing anything about it," Tsukishima replied. "You guys need to start taking your studies seriously. You can't rely on volleyball to carry you through life."

Kageyama, Hinata, and Yamaguchi were shocked that Tsukishima actually cared this much about their grades. They had always known him to be sarcastic and apathetic, but this was a side of him they had never seen before.

Tsukishima continued, "I'll help you guys out. Yamaguchi and I can tutor you. We'll make sure you get your grades up."

Kageyama, Hinata, and Yamaguchi were all grateful for the offer, but also a bit apprehensive. They knew Tsukishima was smart and could easily help them, but they also knew he could be a bit of a hard-ass at times.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Tsukki?" asked Hinata. "I mean, you're not exactly known for your patience."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes. "I'll try my best not to be too hard on you. But you guys need to start taking this seriously. You don't want to end up like Noya and Tanaka, repeating a grade because you didn't put in the effort."

Kageyama, Hinata, and Yamaguchi all nodded in agreement. They knew Tsukishima was right, and they appreciated his concern.

"Thanks, Tsukki," said Yamaguchi, smiling. "We really appreciate it."

"Yeah, thanks," added Hinata. "We'll try our best."

Kageyama nodded, a look of determination on his face. "We won't let you down," he said.

Tsukishima smirked. "You better not, King. I don't want to have to deal with two dumbasses for the rest of the year."

The other three laughed, grateful to have such supportive boyfriends. They knew that with Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's help, they could finally get their grades up and start taking their studies seriously.

As Tsukishima is trying to explain the concept of addition to Kageyama and Hinata, the two boys look at each other with confusion. "Wait, so you're telling me that 2+3+5 equals 10? That's so complex," Hinata says, scratching his head.

Tsukishima rolls his eyes, "No, it's not complex at all. It's basic math, guys. How do you not know this?"

Kageyama looks down, feeling embarrassed. "I never really paid attention in math class," he admits.

Hinata nods in agreement, "Yeah, me too. I always thought math was boring."

Tsukishima runs out of patience, "Well, you can't just avoid math because you find it boring. It's an important subject."

Yamaguchi interjects, "Hey, let's not stress too much about this. We can help them catch up on their math skills."

Kageyama and Hinata both look relieved, "You'd really do that for us?" Kageyama asks.

"Of course," Yamaguchi says with a smile. "And who knows, maybe we'll learn something new in the process."

"So, did you two figure out the answer to 2+3+5 yet?" Tsukishima viciously smirks

Kageyama and Hinata look at each other, then shake their heads

"Wow, I guess I shouldn't have expected too much from the two of you. I mean, you can barely count to ten."

 "Hey, we can count to ten!" The duo retorts

"Yeah, and we can play volleyball better than you!" Hinata retaliates.

"Ha! You wish, shorty. But seriously, maybe you should stick to hitting the ball and let us handle the math." Tsukishima mockingly adds,

Yamaguchi chuckles "Come on, Tsukki, don't be too hard on them. Maybe we can help them out with some tutoring sessions."

Tsukishima rolls his eyes "Fine, but only if they promise to take it seriously this time."

The group cracks a joke about Kageyama and Hinata's lack of ability in math, and they all laugh. Tsukishima even lets out a chuckle, feeling grateful for his idiot boyfriends and their ability to make light of any situation. 

The sun sets and the clueless duo are still perplexed at the concept of basic addition, which makes Tsukishima and Yamaguchi shoot a look of utter impatience at eachother. They were sure that the clueless duo's grades would increase over time, slowly but surely.