The Bait

Alhaitham raised his hands up and gestured outward to Kaveh, silently demanding for Kaveh take off the earrings. He let out a long sigh and tucked them off before handing them over, giving off a warning look to be careful as Alhaitham nodded.

"We need to make this believable, so, pull down your collar. Rough yourself up a bit."

He was being a hundred percent serious, but Kaveh wanted to laugh. A smile appeared on his face as he held it all back instinctively.

Alhaitham raised another brow in warning. He finally gave in and began to carefully unbutton his top collar, but of course, with the gloves, he wore it became difficult.

He struggled for a minute or so before Alhaitham became impatient. Stepping forward he snatched up his collar and did it for him.

Kaveh attempted to slap his hand. But the glare he was already receiving forced down any frustration.

"Helpless I tell you, absolutely helpless. Sometimes I wonder how you manage to get out of so much trouble."

He scoffed just for Kaveh to hear, who appeared just as offended. But his intense expression relaxed into one that was sly and cocky. It only appeared to make him irritated more.

"I'm loved by the gods, they can't help but let me stick around just a bit longer."

Kaveh smirked wildly while folding his arms with confidence, Alhaitham wasn't in the mood for much chit-chat.

The drinks here weren't appetizing, it was beginning to make him lose the stomach for any more food. But the aroma now coming off of Kaveh only reminded him of his soon-to-be dinner.

He gripped one of his arms with incredible strength and pulled him in, Kaveh panicked and pressed his hands against his chest. Whispering sharply in his ear,

"What in the hell do you think you're doing–?!"

"I'm not going to suck your blood, but we'd at least want you to look like a half conscious meal. Now stop moving, I wouldn't want to bite you too hard, I don't handle cry babies well."

Kaveh finally stopped his struggle and relaxed his muscles, rolling his eyes he finally stood still and leaned back against the wall where things were to be made less obvious.

Alhaitham leaned into his neck, his soft long slender hands grazing over his neck. They were cool, but not freezing cold, a comforting feeling more like.

His head leaned down and he bit down, Kaveh couldn't help but wince and tense back up. His instincts were screaming at him to run away as he gritted his teeth.

It stung only a bit, but just feeling his mouth over his skin was somewhat terrifying.

Vampires often have seductive captures on humans, it would relax their minds to where they nearly felt at ease even in death-defying situations.

Vampire hunters were mostly unaffected by this because of the chip implanted at the bottom of their ears, but some Vampire's abilities are strong enough to override those technologies.

Finally, Alhaitham leaned back and wiped his mouth while clearing his throat, his gaze changed to the side to avoid Kaveh's look.

"You took your precious time, it felt like bugs were trying to bite out of my goddamn skin."

Alhaitham's brows furrowed at Kaveh's arrogant tone, he pressed two of his fingers to his temple looking irritated.

"You realize hunger for vampires is far different from humans yes? It's difficult to focus on high-quality food, give me a break."

Kaveh rolled his eyes dramatically and shoved past Alhaitham, his gaze shadowed toward the host of the party.

They of course were surrounded by an abundance of women and men, sharp chatter filling his ears.

Alhaitham approached from behind and grabbed him by the shirt Kaveh turned his head and appeared offended.

But the other half of him knew this was for the act, Alhaitham pretended to drag his ass over to the host who immediately took notice like everyone else.

Some licking their lips at the scene, he made sure to keep Kaveh close though until they approached the host.

"I found a quality meal running around the party, of course, I'd love for our host to get the first bite."

Kaveh kept a straight face although, the host in question was terrifying tall. About a foot on both him and Alhaitham, he leaned forward and examined him up and down.

Suddenly they gripped one of Kaveh's hands, he flinched at the touch but Alhaitham appeared unconcerned.

The host bit down hard, drawing a puddle of blood from the open wound before letting go and licking their teeth. A soft chuckle left their throat as they appeared pleased, placing a hand on Kaveh's arm.

"First bites? You brought me dinner, well done."

From there, the host dragged Kaveh up a large group of stairs made for a hundred feet.

He was used to getting disgusting looks from vampires, but if this was an actual danger he was in. One he couldn't get out of, he knew that the next few hours would be torturing.

There were two groups of vampires, or at least two he preferred to label. Those who like to take their sweet time with their food, and those who get it over quickly.

You're only so lucky to get those who end it quickly, and you're only blessed to not run into a vampire your entire life.

Kaveh almost couldn't get over how Alhaitham bit down on him, even if he didn't draw any blood.

He was still the first vampire to press their lips into his skin, at least it was somebody who was respectably skilled.

If he were to die by a vampire, he would only allow Alhaitham to kill him The host tugged on his arm and dragged him over to a large room, he opened the doors with one simple push.

Kaveh didn't speak a word throughout this time, which apparently raised a brow for suspicion.

The vampire roughly pushed him against the wall, he slowly looked him up in the eyes unimpressed.

He often got himself into ridiculous situations such as this. But he knew fair and well that he could get out of them.