Don't Leave Me

The sound of subtle footsteps echoed throughout the hall, and muffled footsteps followed those voices as Kaveh drearily opened his eyes to see three figures standing before him. Pain fizzed over his entire chest, his neck felt bruised and cold.

He was unsure of his whereabouts, the lack of blood in his system drained his energy so far that he couldn't manage to even open his eyes all the way. His muscles flexed as he attempted to move but to no avail. His legs, arms, and upper body were strapped to a freezing metal chair. It was cemented into the ground, disabling him from any further movement.

After a minute or so of gathering his consciousness, he listened closely to the chattered voices standing in front of him. His blurry vision managed a clear image of a certain someone.

His eyes were cold, the rims of his lashes frosted with steering ice. His focus was on the two hosts who appeared to be pleased. His tone was sweet and humble. He made an effort to bring a warm atmosphere to the hosts before asking something that made Kaveh shiver.

"Could I ask for some privacy with the meal? I must say, you snatched a real beauty, I could practically taste the quality."

He said sharply, licking his lips at that. Seeing this made Kaveh tense up further, and the two hosts left the room completely, and only when the door shut did Alhaitham finally turn his gaze on Kaveh.

His one sweet smile ran down like a railroad. His clothes were parted together perfectly, if Kaveh were someone else he'd assume Alhaitham to be the CEO of some big-shot company. There was an intense moment of pure silence, Kaveh gulped down the air through his dry throat. It made his Adams Apple bounce up and down.

"You get into these types of situations often, but I never thought I'd see you more helpless than that night."

Alhaitham's exclaimed as his lip curled up into a sly smile, he wasn't wrong either. Kaveh knew well that he could get cornered by a high-ranked vampire. Hell, he could even get himself trapped in the vent system of one's lair and still end up escaping alive and well!

Yet this time was different, Kaveh's nose wrinkled as he recalled the night before. Being a top hunter in his guild, he created a bounty on himself for years. But only yesterday, was he caught in a trap.

Jumped by a dozen vampires at once, bitten, and sucked on to hell before he was shipped off here. Where he could only guess was an auction based on the way he was displayed on the solid concrete chair.

"I'll get out of this."

Kaveh said, barely managing to pass his words to Alhaitham. They were only a slurred whisper, he had to retain the last energy he had anyway if he wanted to escape. Alhaitham appeared amused, placing a hand under his chin he opened his mouth and began to chuckle.

"I'll bet my fangs you say that to yourself often, I'm sorry to tell you, hunter. But you aren't escaping this place, the top auction in the country. They'll ensure your destination to a disgusting big shot who will suck you dry. What a shame,"

Alhaitham cleared, and he halted himself from the quiet chuckles. Kaveh's body shook with slight fear, but a built statue of ambition as well. He wasn't someone to be put down so easily, his fighting spirit was the most powerful thing about him.

Aside from his looks, of course, Kaveh at the moment was appearing unsightly. His hair was a jumbled mess, and his shirt was pulled off the shoulders just slightly to reveal the painful bite marks scarring his body. Alhaitham's gaze traveled down to this, he gave a pitiful look as he frowned. Kaveh snapped him out of it with a sharp tongue,

"How would you know that?"

Kaveh demanded, Alhaitham only scoffed in response as if the answer wasn't more clear.

"Your price tag is high, even I wouldn't pay for a Goldie like you. Although I'm sure someone else will, in other words, you won't last very long. Even if you did, they'd be giving you out for free bites. Some vampires don't just take sips, you'll be dead in a matter of minutes."

Alhaitham explained with a less than interested tone, fiddling his fingers around the end of his cloak. Kaveh's face tensed up, he bit his tongue and stared to the corner of the room where if he were to look Alhaitham in the eyes. He may just throw up,

"I thought you said you didn't like to share?"

Kaveh asked with a snarky tone. Alhaitham laughed wholeheartedly before his face dropped in an instant.

"I don't, but it can't be helped. Then so be it, I have a clear reputation anyway, and wouldn't want to sell it off just so I can have you to myself."

Kaveh scoffed, he felt the urge to roll his eyes. But he feared that it would cause him to become too dizzy. Instead, he stuck up his middle finger in his direction, Alhaitham didn't have much of a reaction besides turning his back, supposedly to leave Kaveh. Who of which didn't appear fond of the idea, sure he didn't exactly like Alhaitham. But out of everyone in this whole auction, he was the one person he could trust.

"Alhaitham–"

Kaveh gasped lightly, he used his energy to shout a bit louder than before to get his attention. Alhaitham had managed to stop in his tracks, but he didn't dare turn back around. For he knew that if he did. He may be unable to leave.

"No hunter, I'm not saving you. Not this time."

He stated chillingly, without any further understanding. Alhaitham ducked out and left. Leaving Kaveh alone to his chilling thoughts, what to do? This situation was understandably impossible to escape. And for the first time, he could admit. That he was scared, his face twisted, and he paled and wheezed terrified. His body ached, and his mind mourned.