Chapter 24-The Test

The next morning arrives I wake up feeling the warmth of the morning sun shining through my bedroom windows as I get up out of bed I gather my things and head towards the shower......once I finish my shower I head back into my bedroom to get dressed.

Once I finish getting dressed I head downstairs grabbing my backpack on the way out as I make my way towards the high school

Once I finish getting dressed I head downstairs grabbing my backpack on the way out as I make my way towards the high school.....finally arriving at the school I head inside and towards my first period of the day which is economics with coach Finstock.

Walking in I head to my seat directly behind Stiles as I sit down taking out my textbook and notebook to take notes on for our midterm tomorrow "morning boys." I said as I kissed them both on the cheek "morning." They said at the same time.

As class begins I open up my textbook when all of a sudden someone sits down next to me "hey, testicle left and right......what the hell is a kanima?" Jackson asked as the three of us turned to look at him "all right, listen up.....a quick warning before we begin our review......some of you, like McCall might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult......I'm not even too sure I could pass it." Coach Finstock said.

"Paralyzed from the neck down.....do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson questioned us as he leaned in to talk to us "I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles said "wait, why would Derek test you?" Scott asked him "why, would he think that it's you?" I questioned "how should I know?" Jackson replied with a hint of rage in his voice.

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles asked "I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry." Jackson said "Jackson!" Coach Finstock yelled as he walked up to the four of us "yes coach." Jackson replied "do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" Coach Finstock asked him.

"Just an undying admiration for my coach." Jackson said "that's really kind of you......now shut up!" Coach Finstock said walking back to the front of the classroom as I hear a snap coming from in front of me "how do we know it's not her?" Scott asked me "because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil and when I look into Lydia's eyes I only see 50% evil." I said.

"Izzy that's not a very good argument." Scott replied "I'm aware of that but I swear it's not her." I said with exasperation in my voice "it's not her." Stiles muttered as he looked at the two of us with concern in his eyes.

A few hours later and it's finally time for chemistry class "my dad is not gonna kill her without proof." I said as the three of us walked into class together "all right, so he tests her like he did with Jackson, right?" Stiles questioned "but when and where?" Scott asked as we noticed Erica and Isaac walking into the classroom and taking seats at the lab tables.

"I think here and now." I mumbled as we went and took our seats as class began. A little while later I wind up sitting at a lab station with Isaac as I turn to look at him and he smirks at me "if you hurt her I swear to god." I muttered "you'll what? Tell your dad on me?" Isaac sarcastically replied with a chuckle "why are you doing this?" I asked him with a hint of fear in my voice "cause it's fun." He replied as I felt a sharp pain run through my thigh as I looked down to see his claws are digging themselves into my thigh.

A couple minutes later we finish our labs as Mr Harris tells all of us that we can eat our crystals as I look up at Lydia and Isaac to see the crystal they made has kanima venom dripping from it as I stand up from my chair "Lydia!" I yelled making everything turn and look at me "what?" She asked me "nothing." I said sitting back down as I turned to look out the window to see my father standing and waiting.

As the school day finally comes to a close we all head to Scott's house to "study" but in actuality we're trying to protect Lydia from my father when suddenly we all stand outside on the front porch looking at my father "I think I'm finally getting why you two keep refusing me, Izzy. You're not an omega, you're already an alpha of your own pack." My dad said as I looked at him when all of a sudden we hear a screech coming from the rooftop.

As we step down to look we see the kanima on the roof as the three of us look at each other thinking the worst "would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Lydia said as she walked out of the house "it's Jackson." I mumbled as I turned to look at my father.