Chapter 26-Meeting A Monster

Arriving at the Hale House I walk up the pathway as I open the door and head inside throwing my backpack down by the front entrance as I look around at the deserted house.

"Dad! You here!" I yelled as I continued walking around the house trying to find him "Dad! Hello!" I yelled once more stopping in my tracks as I felt a presence standing behind me making me pick up a broken piece of a mirror that is laying on the table in front of me.

As I turn around and throw it at them but they catch it before it hits them "now, now.....is that any way to treat your uncle." A man said as I looked at him with confusion in my eyes "who the hell are you?" I asked him "I'm going to assume he hasn't told you much about me." He said as he took slow agonizing steps towards me.

"No he hasn't." I said cautiously "I thought so, it amazes me how much you look like him." He said as he continued to step closer towards me "don't.....even think about it." My dad said as he stands in between us "oh, come now Derek I just want to say hello to my beautiful niece." He said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I'm sorry, niece?" I questioned as I looked at my father with confusion in my eyes "what do you want?" Derek asked him as he stepped closer towards us "well, I want to help.....your the only family I have left aside from my lovely niece Isabel." He said "don't even think about coming near her. Do you hear me?" Derek said as he stood in front of me.

"Oh, calm down I'm not going to hurt her." The man said "dad who is this guy?" I asked him gently grabbing his arm "Izzy go wait outside." My dad said as he gently pushed me towards the door "no way I'm not gonna leave you." I said with a hint of fear in my voice.

"That seems like something you would do Derek. Keep your daughter out of the loop because you think it's protecting her, but in reality you know she's gonna have to find out eventually." The man said with a smirk on his face as he looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Izzy......this is your great uncle....Peter." My dad said as I looked at him with confusion.