Entry #2

Entry #2

October 5, 2022

Kuya DJ had already calmed down from last night's episode. He went to study inside his room moments after we got back home last night. I, on the other hand, drifted to sleep as soon as I felt the aura of my own bed. Kaya, the next morning, I was up than usual. I made the breakfast. Iron-ed our uniforms, and prepped lunch for the both of us. Kuya was holding his iPad, studying I don't know what.

As usual, I did not wait for mom to come home since UC - Banilad was far and if I should wait, I'd be late, and if I'm late, I'll get sanctioned by the prefect of discipline. Kuya was a nursing student in Cebu Normal University (CNU), although his senior high school teacher was an alumnus at University of San Carlos - Talamban Campus and offered him a scholarship in his school. He said he preferred a tuition free college because mom was already suffering from finances. I think I've got to share this. Dad actually puts money on his bank account. Kuya hates to access it.

Anyway, I was on my way to the toilet to finish putting my sunscreen since I couldn't do it inside the car when I thought I saw the guy I had stolen a taxi cab from. Namilikmata nalang ako at tinapos kung ano man ang ginawa ko kanina. Hinintay ko nalang na dumating si Michelle para may masimulan na kaming panibagong chika. This was one of my everyday school routine. Michelle is the eyes and ears when I don't see nor hear any suspicious events in our school. Siya ang nakakaalam sa lahat.

"Mayora, cr," tawag ng isa sa mga kaklase ko. I nodded at her and then to the others who copied her. It was a girl code, definitely. I could see them holding their makeup pouches. "Mayora, check sa gc. Hinahanap ka ni sir."

"Alright, thank you." Hindi na naman papasok si sir. He was giving us a powerpoint presentation file, but then, a few moments later, everyone started asking me about the lesson. I had to discuss it in front like I was giving an impromptu speech. Luckily, I was saved by my fellow classmates who were smart enough to grasp my explanations.

A few hours passed, we were dismissed. Michelle, a friend of mine, excitedly invited me to their house. I instantly refused, thinking that my mother would get upset if I would go without her permission. I was feeling drowsy upon refusing her, but the mention of SM Cebu City awoken me. Agad akong nagpaalam kay mama at kay kuya. Kuya refused, as always. Pero pinayagan ako sa huli at nagsend pa ng gcash money pang gastos.

"Sabi ko sayo eh, maraming morenong pogi sa SM dae. If you want, pwede akong humanap—"Napalingon-lingon ako. "Wag na, Mich. I'm always occupied kaya wala akong time to get myself a boyfriend. I'm your class president, and I'm part of the central student organization. On top of that, I'm an honor student, a scholar." I was going to share about my family's problem, but I luckily kept my mouth shut and stopped myself from oversharing. It was a family matter, and personal. I couldn't see why I should share it to Michelle right after I stopped myself.

"Study first ang bet ni accla. Sige na nga. Pag ako nakahanap ng jowa, sorry ka. Magiging third wheel ka nalang." I mentally rolled my eyes at the hurtful fact. I wasn't exactly enchanting in terms of looks. Maybe, that's why nasaktan ako nang konti nang binanggit niya iyon.

Nagtambay muna kami sa Starbucks bago naghiwalay ng landas. Her parents were going to pick her up. I envied that. That's why I refused to let them make sundo too. Mas lalo lang siguro akong masasaktan kapag nakakakita ako ng mga maligayang pamilya. Not that my brother, my mother, and I aren't happy right now. It's just the broken family effect.

It was about 9 in the evening when I decided that I was past my usual bedtime, and I realized that I've been more stressed lately. Mas lalong lumala ang pakiramdam ko when I checked my messenger. The CSO we're having an important meeting with the psychology department's student organization. Multimedia officer lang naman ako but I have to be present.

"Can't I not be there ba?" I whined. My plan for tomorrow was simple and perfect. I would go home as soon as I'm dismissed. Then, I can sleep for the entire afternoon. Heh. My phone had been vibrating before I could sleep. "You should be present. It's important because the STEM strand will have a separate day for the event. You're the multimedia officer. You play a huge role in making the event successful. Sige na, stop complaining na." Michelle said. Did I not share that Michelle was a secretary of our committee?

Our organization was divided into five committees: Commission on Academic, Health, and Athletics (CAHA) 11, CAHA 12, Commission on Communication and Social Relation (CCSR), Commission on the Budget and Treasury (CBT), and Commission on Vocations and Creatives (CVC). Michelle and I are under CAHA 11, the council for STEM strand. We handle the 17 STEM 11 class sections or around 700+ students. We make sure that they're going to enjoy every bit of each event we're going to bring off.

"Also, we're going to meet the central board of executives." Dagdag pa ni Michelle. I didn't really remember all of their faces, just a few names. Kaya, napatanong ako kung sino-sino sila. The look on Michelle's face told me that if she was here, babatukan niya talaga ako. "Dae, you're going to have a meeting with Vaughn. Stop slacking. He's really strict, you know. Pasalamat ka, he let you slide the last time you weren't around."

I smiled sheepishly before turning off the lights of my room. We were both sleepy and tired. Hindi na ako pumunta sa ospital at nagpaalam nalang kay Mama. I think it was about ten in the evening when I heard footsteps on the hallway, signifying that kuya was home.