Entry #10

Entry #10

October 28, 2022

Today was perplexing. Some of the members of our school organization decided to celebrate the success of our tryouts today. Natapos na kasi lahat ng tryout. I was saddened na hindi kami nanalo but I knew that the winning team was the strongest team. They were too versatile.

Kyan cheered me up and invited me over. Michelle was there too. We went to a place called Payag. Basically, tambayan siya o inuman in other terms. I was in an uncomfortable situation kasi naroon din si Vaughn. I mean, he would be. We were all his responsibility kasi siya yung presidente. It was too awkward for me, considering what happened a few days ago.

Gusto ko na talagang umuwi. It seemed like Vaughn was hinting too much that Kyan could get it now. He looked at him as if he was judging his whole life. I pretended to not know them. Gusto ko na talagang umuwi. But then...they all ended up drunk. Buti nalang talaga at hindi ako nagpakalasing.

How did I even end up with them?

_______

"Why is Vaughn looking at you like that?" Michelle whispered at me while chewing her food. The small glass almost slipped from her grasp which I quickly grabbed from her. I'm so fed up with inuman. "Guys, calm down." Sabi ko habang inayusan si Michelle.

"Wala siguro yun te. Mas mabuti pa kung uupo ka nang maayos. Will you please do that? Kyan...did I not tell you to stop drinking?" I sighed, frustrated at the outcome of our meeting. Vaughn was also tipsy. He was looking at me for a couple of minutes now. "Ano ba? Stop that." I whispered, trying to stop him.

"I meant what I said earlier, Dezryl." He said. I gave him a grim face before hitting my palm against my forehead. I like you. That's what he said a while ago. However, Kyan quickly grabbed me and separated me from Vaughn. Ewan ko rin kung bakit niya ginawa yon kasi pagkatapos niya akong hilahin, wala rin naman siyang sinabi pagkatapos at pinakain lang ako.

"Dezryl...I'm drunk..." Kyan almost fell from his own chair that's why I held his shoulders firmly. I gritted my teeth, hoping that I'd still be able to suppress my frustration. " I could see that, Cerys Kyan. Would you stop giving him shots? Give me that," I slammed the glass right after I finished it.

"Masyado ka namang protective te." Panunukso ni Michelle sa'kin. I glared at her before I turned my attention to Kyan. It was almost midnight and my kuya was already near. I called him to pick me up, but I was hesitant to leave them. Michelle's older sister was already at the entrance, just waiting for me to send Michelle off. Pero the rest, most were dead asleep on the floor or on the chair, and some were still drinking. Tanginang alak talaga.

I called Michelle over and she quickly sat beside me. "Umuwi ka na." I glanced at her sister who was taking out her phone. "I'm going to send this to you later, Dez. I'm so proud of you. Nakaya mong bantayan sila lahat?" I shook my head before pointing at Vaughn.

"Ate, can you please take those two girls? They passed out already." She gave me a thumbs up before sending them back to her car. Now, I have two girls and five boys to take care of, excluding Vaughn. He stood up suddenly, startling me. "I've notified their parents. Some are coming na. I'm going home and Ill be taking these three. Those left are pairs, so leave them be."

"I'll send Kyan nalang din—" I shook my head. "It's okay. I live close to him din." Why did I even say that? He nodded in defeat before he picked up his belongings. He grabbed the boys and turned to look at me. "Take care," he said before he left.