1. The Start

A/N before we start.
All rights go to Rick Riordan and JK Rowling respectively. It's my first book, please show support!! Enjoy and comment, it's a great motivator!!!

Percy

The small girl beside me squeezed the life out of my hand, squealing adorably as I described camp to her. She was an eight-year-old daughter of Demeter, and the air of innocence around her was endearingly childish. I had a soft smile on my face as she animatedly described her life at home, talking about how her dad always read night-time stories to her about the Greeks.

Ever since the war with Gaia, I had taken it as my responsibility to make sure the youngest campers were safe and happy. They didn't need to see what I had seen. They shouldn't be robbed of their childhood. They didn't need the constant threat of war or death hovering over their heads.

I was only slightly aware of half the camp running towards Thalia's Pine, near camp borders - exactly where I was meant to be patrolling right now. I waved it off, focusing my attention back to Emma, who was ogling at the nymphs and satyrs who were by the stream. She grabbed my hand and ran towards the Big House, giggling the whole way. My heart clenched slightly. Had I ever been like this? Nico had. I remember him asking me if Annabeth was my girlfriend and if I could surf and if he could play Myth-o-Magic with me. I remember being frustrated at his youth.

I mulled over the thought as I introduced Emma to Chiron, and she was so excited to meet a real centaur, I was half convinced that she wouldn't ever leave Chiron alone. I bid my farewells, and nodded at Chiron, leaving them to it.

As I was leaving, a couple of campers pushed past me, muttering something about a new kid. In my curiosity, I stayed and listened.

"Chiron!" I'm pretty sure a Athena kid called out his name.

"Watson? What's happened?" Chiron asked, gripping his bow and quiver tighter.

"A new demigod. Over thirteen and he's powerful. He killed a whole pack of hellhounds before reaching Thalia's Pine. He says he knows who his godly parent is. And why were there hellhounds inside the borders Chiron? Unless the border is failing-"

"Don't be ridiculous, my boy. Listen to yourself. The borders can't be failing unless we have monsters inside the camp, Watson. As an Athena child I'd have expected you to seen that. As for why he's over thirteen, we'll find out after he gets claimed." Chiron said, sitting back down and looking at Watson sympathetically.

"He claims he's a son of Zeus."

Chiron froze momentarily, like the information was important. But within a split second he went back to normal, making me think it was just me mis-seeing things. "I'll speak to Dionysus about it and see if I can get an audience with Zeus. For now, continue like normal and put him in the Cabin for the unclaimed."

Nico

I woke up in the infirmary with a throbbing pain in my head. 'That stupid, half-blooded idiot.' The new kid had run off with a Hellhound's ball. He was teasing it, when I appeared behind him. I willed the Hellhound to go back, and after bowing to me, it bit the ball out of this new kid's hands, and disappeared.

The kid swore at me and threw a rock straight at my head. I'd expected a thank you, or an apology, not a rock flung at my head. Luckily his aim was trash and it had hit the side of my head instead of my eyes or ears, but it was enough to knock me out. I fought for consciousness, but as I drifted into the realm of Morpheus, I felt my sword slide out of my hands.

Back in the infirmary, Will, seeing me conscious, came up to me, "Morning sunshine, head hurting, huh? What really happened out there Nico?" His tone was underlined with a dark seriousness, suggesting something was very, very wrong.

Will

I know Nico. He isn't like this. Maybe it's just my sense as a child of Apollo, but ever since Tartarus, Nico has been off. Something dark has been meddling in things. Our win against Gaea wasn't just ours. Someone wanted her gone. Someone wanted Percy and Nico to both have an encounter with Tartarus. Against all my instincts, I asked Nico about it. I didn't want to. I was awakening demons of a world I would never face. I don't know what to do. Rachel has been unnaturally quiet, but even I can sense the change in times. The world is changing, and I don't know if it's a good thing or not.

Shameless self promo 😆
Check out my new book, The Curse of Chaos.

A/N. Please forgive me if u don't like it!!!! My schedule for posting may not be regular, but I will try to post as often as I can. The first few chapters are really short, but after that they are all longer (after about chapter 4/5)
Also, I promise that this is a crossover fic, you'll just meet the characters later on, at around Chapter 8ish (from the top of my head).

Just wondering, any BTS Army's here?